re previous post

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by jimlowe, Mar 15, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jimlowe

jimlowe Member

Mar 14, 2013
    bideford Devon
    For some reason the forum wont let me post using a quote,so further to my earlier comments.The advantage of the roof over "normal" flip fronts is that you can ride at any speed with the chinpiece in the rear position,also in that configuration the visor comes down past your nose so dont dont get any windblast in your eyes.Another drawback for me with fullface helmets is the restricted view,when pulling out from a junction or changing lanes on the motorway,I have a real problem seeing to my right as all I get is a view of side of the helmet,with the Roof there is a much wider angle of vision.and lastly the new Desmo is classed for safety purposes as bona vide full face helmet when in the closed position due to the new locking mechanism.If anyone is thinking about buying one I can recommend Home - Gorgeous Bikes I paid £295 and next day service, as for fit i measured my head and was 57cm the Roof 57cm fits perfect not allways the case with Helmets,good review here.Roof Desmo - webBikeWorld.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Thanks for the feedback. You can only legaly wear a flip front up if it has JP test on the chin strap. Most flip up helmets just have P. Shark do a very good full vision helmet but that is a full face or their evo line, if you want a good deal look for LS2 convert very similar to the shark.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Great info CC, I had no idea of this... :eek:

4. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Great info CC, I had no idea of this... :eek:

5. jimlowe

jimlowe Member

Mar 14, 2013
    bideford Devon
    And one more thing hasn't changed: like the Boxer, the Roof Desmo is dual ECE homologated as both a full-face and "Jet" styled helmet, legal to ride with the rotating visor in either position. I was going by this on the web bike world write up.But frankly I dont have a problem with it either way,the chances of the police pulling me over for riding with the visor in the rearward position would be rarer than me winning the lottery!

• Like Like x 2