Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Rant Of The Day.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tappers, Apr 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 17, 2014
    Grampian.

Yeah I saw that.
    One of this countries billionaires gave 250.000 to a good cause a couple of years ago. It was all over the papers
    Considering what they made that YEAR, and after working out their income for the year and mine,by percentage.
    Just a straight comparison worked out at the equivalent of me giving 12.50 to charity, never mind cost of living adjustments.

Do I get in the paper as a magnificent benefactor of the people?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BS1948

BS1948 Elite Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Ferring
    She's gotta pay mooring fees for the boat she bought off Johnny Depp that's moored in Fort Lauderdale, and it's not cheap!

Having said that, theft is wrong!

Don't blame J K, she's given a lot of pleasure to a lot of men in bedrooms (reading Harry Potter books to their kids! LOL)

:eek:;):joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ron Ashurst

Ron Ashurst Senior Member
    Subscriber

Oct 16, 2018
    Rochester, PA. USA
    I'll take some cake.
    At least you don't have Trump as a President

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. BS1948

BS1948 Elite Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Ferring
    Ron, You deserve a whole bloody patisserie for putting up with that! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

President Trump is not without his faults. Show me a politician who isn't?

However, I do like his stance on gun control.
    If the bleeding heart liberals had it their way? The only people who would have guns. Would be the criminals!

Ducks behind the sofa & awaits a barrage of nonsense from the limp wristed anti gun crowd! :p
    hidingbehindcouch.png

6. Ron Ashurst

Subscriber

Oct 16, 2018
    Rochester, PA. USA
    True, He has the gun control issue.
    But what about backing out of the Nuclear Arms treaty with the Russian Federation.

7. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Gotta agree the man says some bloody stupid things for a president, but I like his stance on putting America first and putting massive levy's on import from china and such like, seems a lot of american manufacturing has paid the price and towns are more like ghost towns, it seems production is moving in the right direction and folk are finding work again.
    He's not politically correct but how far does that get you.
    As for backing out of nuclear agreements it actually seem's no body was following it anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

As I said Ron, he's not without his faults.

That business of him offering Kim Jong-un outside for a scrap & calling him names (Rocket Man). Like an over grown schoolboy. Was just ridiculous & laughable for a man in his position.

Having said that.... America would have kicked North Korea back into the stone age.
    I'm sure Obama & plenty of presidents before him would have thought exactly what Trump said. It's just that Trump is such a egomaniac. He felt the need to remind North Korea that he's the boss! In very un-diplomatic terms.

It's working so far though eh mate? ;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. BS1948

BS1948 Elite Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Ferring
    From a limp wristed liberal, lefty, pinko, whatever you like...

Better the crims and the police have the guns than the police, the crims, the children and the nutters and all the other stupid people!

Let's have a bit of sense about this.

People have to take a test before they can drive a car, that's 'car control'. I wouldn't want the twat's who beat up 90 year olds, or the c*nts who put fireworks in homeless people's pockets, to be able to walk into a shop and buy a gun! Not having guns does not stop murder, there's more than a 100 people in London this year who can't testify to that BUT if you gave the people with knives guns instead would that help?

I was actually threatened at halloween a couple of years back by a drunken black guy in Miami who pretended to pull a gun from his jacket! IT WAS A HALLOWEEN JOKE, but none the less a bit frightening at the time. As I told him, if I'd have been some redneck Texan with a gun in my pocket I would have blown his feckin' head off! Where's the justice in that?

Enough already! Peace and love guys (and parental control, more responsibility etc.etc.etc.)

Rant over. (Won't discuss it, I'm right, you're wrong! End of!)

:p

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ron Ashurst

Subscriber

Oct 16, 2018
    Rochester, PA. USA
    DD, get back behind that sofa and no dinner for you...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. BS1948

BS1948 Elite Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Ferring
    Dinner!

Has somebody been feedin' the b*st*rd? I'll have their limp wristed guts for feckin' garters!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Whatever you do. do NOT give him red meat!

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

171334041.jpg
    Totally balanced gun control.... One in each hand! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. BS1948

BS1948 Elite Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Ferring
    See now that's what worries me! Letting fat mexican wrestlers buy guns to wave in your face... Not good! (Or is that DD going out for a few beers and a curry before the fight??) LOL

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

On a serious note & just in case you got the wrong end of the stick with what I was saying?

I'm not saying for a moment that anybody should be "able to walk into a shop & buy a gun" with zero checks or a cooling off period.

I'm saying that if legally held firearms are removed from law abiding citizens in the USA? It will have almost zero impact on the amount of firearms in the hands of criminals.
    However, it'll make the criminals even more brazen. If they know that the likelihood of having a gun pulled on them in return. Has been greatly reduced?

15. Ron Ashurst

Subscriber

Oct 16, 2018
    Rochester, PA. USA
    I like this type of gun control.

a1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. BS1948

BS1948 Elite Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Ferring
    As I said DD, I'm not going to discuss it. I'm right!

but, just in case I'm not, wouldn't it be worth giving it a try?

I honestly don't think it makes an 'apeworth of difference to the crim. They think they are tougher, harder and invincible and they will just try and take what they want! If everybody's waving guns about, especially well intentioned amateurs, that's when little kids, and other innocent bystanders, get hit.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. BS1948

BS1948 Elite Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Ferring
    Not all it's cracked up to be! OR IS IT??? Hmmmm :yum:yum:yum:yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. David Cooper

David Cooper Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Jun 23, 2018
    Co,.Durham
    Only the Police and the Military should carry guns.

340759a25c0e7eeba3e1617841de5c05.jpg

a62d2878a1d63759fbc34dc037397de1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

The "well intentioned amateurs" are probably not high on drugs. Just out shopping with their family. When Mr Crim decides he wants what's theirs.

Therefore Mr/Mrs "amateur" has more chance of hitting their intended target. Not using a drug fueled spray & pray approach.

Anyway.... I can't see it ever happening in the USA. No president would ever dare to try such an unpopular move & expect it not to bite them in the arse!

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Ron Ashurst

Subscriber

Oct 16, 2018
    Rochester, PA. USA
    Oh, I get it now. LOL, CRACKed Up. LOLOL