Thruxton Rad Fan Comes On Excessively

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rich Lympany, May 9, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Lympany

Rich Lympany New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Portsmouth
    Hi All,
    Took the precaution of cutting through my lower rad hose :confused: so replaced that and refilled with genuine Triumph coolant (green stuff). Believe I cleared all the air from the system, left overnight with the arse end in the air to keep the filler neck above the top of the radiator.

Mods include Titanium headers and Weslake silencers so no CAT or X-Pipe.

Since then I seem to notice the fan is on a heck of a lot, even on cool days. Never had the temp warning light come on on the dash though!

I used to wear ear plugs but don't bother now, could this be the case that I just didn't notice it or is this the norm?

2. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Mine comes on pretty frequently.

3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I've noticed the fan seems to comes on more frequently on my new Street Scrambler than I remember it doing on the old one. The new one, like most new bikes now, is Euro5 compliant and they run very lean which usually means hotter. The fan on my ZZR comes on frequently in traffic and slow riding and always has done but that's a big engine pushing out big power so will be in a higher state of tune compared to the pedestrian twin in the Scrambler.