Racetorx Gear Shift Support - Anyone Tried One?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Bad Billy, Jul 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I was having an issue with false neutral when changing down the box on the RSV-R race bike, TBH it is fecking scary when changing down from a fast straight into a corner to find a false neutral, at one point I ended up on the grass at Cadwell's Charlies because of it! :eek:
    On the day I moved the gear lever up (running road shift pattern) to make sure that I made good contact with the lever, didn't happen again but I was making a conscious effort to make a very positive stomp on the lever. TBH is kind of played on my mind a bit instead of just getting you body position right to attack the corner I was more concerned on not hitting a false neutral. :worried:

Anyway I was talking to another lad who races an old CBR 600 in the steel chassis class, he reckoned that they are renowned for false neutrals, he fitted one of these & the problem stopped.
    So on his recommendation I have ordered one for the RSV-R, just wondered if anyone else has used one to overcome a similar problem, I will report back after racing the bike at Cadwell in August, but it might be a solution to the Speed Triple RS false neutral issue as well? :cool:

Gear.jpeg
    https://racetorx.co.uk/product/apri...5XoVhXcNZS7KkiRmybhVnoMttzhTql8h03KKijXBuxLZs

• Useful Useful x 1