Rac And Tesco Vouchers Rip Off

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Riggers, May 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Riggers

Riggers Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Hull
    Hi all. For the last few years I've been using Tesco Clubcard vouchers to partially pay for RAC personnel cover. It works like this; for every £1 you have in vouchers the blurb says it's worth £3 towards your RAC membership. HOWEVER, what it doesn't tell you is that when using the scheme the RAC more than DOUBLE your premium!

For example, in my case, my membership renewal premium came in at £180 and I had £30 saved up in vouchers, which would be worth £90 if spent using the scheme, thus leaving me £90 to pay. By my reckoning that works out at a personal cost to me of £120.

Luckily last week an RAC guy was at my local supermarket and quoted me £80 all in for 'Advanced personal cover' which includes home start, unlimited call outs, any distance recovery plus some other stuff I won't bore you with.

So I paid the guy his 80 quid, got better cover, and I've still got my £30 worth of vouchers!

Caveat emptor guys.

Riggers.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Very rarely step inside Tesco's, in my opinion they are always at the leading edge of schemes to rip off their customers. A right set of thieving bastards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Riggers

Jul 26, 2020
    Hull
    Hi Andy - I think in this case it's the RAC doing the ripping off.

4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Tesco... we will inflate our prices then invent a complex scheme for the customer to earn points and occasionally manage to get the price back down to where it should be. Wankers :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    You can get full Rac cover home start etc for an extra £30-40 with the titanium pack on Bemoto bike insurance,also in the titanium pack you get leather & helmet cover and legal cover all for under £40.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Riggers

Jul 26, 2020
    Hull
    Thanks for the heads up on that Shaun, I'll remember that for next year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I have a Blue Light card and you make some really amazing savings, I got 50% discount on the RAC membership for the cars, the bike has it covered by Triumph's recovery warranty scheme