R & G Tank Protector Problems

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Our Gee, Nov 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Our Gee

Our Gee Member

Apr 3, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    Anyone else had troubles with the R & G Tank Protector not sticking down properly. I am replacing the one which was on my Sprint GT when I bought the bike with the identical article. My first attempt with an Ebay sourced R & G Protector failed miserably as it would just not remain stuck down at the edges. A replacement was sent to me directly from R & G Racing and all did seem to go well. However after a month or so (bike laid up for winter) I have noticed that this one too is becoming detached from the tank at the edges. Yes I did prepare the Tank prior to fitting, cleaning off all traces of polish with alcohol wipes. I must have applied lots of similar protectors over the years and never had this problem before.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I have them on my bike. I used a dab of clear silicone and no issues to date. Almost 2 years now

3. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    what about using a hairdryer to soften the plastic & adhesive again?? might work for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London