R&g Frame Sliders For Street Twin 2021

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Chris C, Jun 1, 2023.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris C

Chris C New Member

May 31, 2023
    Uk
    Hi all, I have a 21 street twin and like the R&G frame sliders. R&G only advertse them as fitting bikes up to 2018. I have asked them and they say they can't guarantee if they will fit a newer model like mine. Does anyone know if the R&G sliders will fit a post 2018 street twin?

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, can’t help with your query though.

3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  4. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    Hi and welcome @Chris C. You probably know this; Triumph upgraded the Street Twin around 2018/19 giving it about 10% extra bhp, a basic cartridge fork set up and Brembo brakes.

Accessory manufacturers test, develop and approve their products for a particular version of a bike, and I'm guessing that when Triumph upgraded the Street Twin, R&G didn't bother to reassess their frame sliders on the newer Street Twin. So they won't say that it fits or works with your bike because they haven't specifically tested it.

I couldn't resist an opportunity to do a bit of sleuthing for you. Mainly because I have a Street Cup and I know they share the same chassis and one always learns something when one does a bit of investigating.

Looking at the World of Triumph parts website,

https://www.worldoftriumph.com/collections/bikes

Triumph list the same part number for the Street Twin Chassis, for pre and post model change. Since the Frame Sliders are fitted using the engine mountings I think you can be reasonably confident that the sliders will fit.

Hope that helps and enjoy your ride:)

• Useful Useful x 4