Quitest Helmet

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by dav.a, Sep 17, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    If all goes according to plan I will not be changing my Speed Triple 1200 RS...... ever.

I currently have a SHOEI NXR which despite having custom made ear plugs I find at times very noisy. Given the uprightish seating position and small screen this may not be a surprise.

A google search for the quietest helmet gives various results and I dont really trust the reviewers impartiality.

Is anyone particularly pleased with their helmet and if so what helmet are they wearing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Apparently , schuberth are the quietest BUT that obviously depends on your head shape and how knackered/good your hearing is!?
    I have a shoei neotec (inherently noisy as flip) and an arai.
    Night and day BUT shoei fit's my head nicer and arai is quieter.
    Difficult question sir!
    Speed rs 1050 btw.

3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    There's an underlying reason that MOST police motorcycle patrol riders wear Schuberth helmets - they are generally regarded (not sure if it's actually/scientifically tested) that they are amongst the quietest motorcycle helmets on the market - especially important for the flip-front variety that are most practical for patrol use.

I'd say that they're definitely worth trying to see if they fit your head shape because comfort and closeness of fit will have a bearing on how much of the noise you perceive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Its a bugger finding a quiet helmet, everyones different and you have to take the plunge then find out if its quiet or not.
    I have a schuberth s2, I find it ok, but my shoei gt-air is definitely quieter for me. Also have a shoei nxr and its probably quieter then the schuberth too

5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Mine doesn’t make a noise at all - not even a squeak.

It’s bloody noisy when I put it on and ride though.

It’s a Shark modular.

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I had a Schuberth C2 flip front a while back, found it big and heavy and not overly quiet, would sometimes get an annoying whistle if the flip didn't seal properly - so wasn't overly impressed. Have worn a Shoei GT-Air since and personally found it to be quieter and much lighter (obviously partly due to not being a flip), also aerodynamically stable so would recommend. First bought it when I had a Multistrada and no turbulence with that, now on a Speed Triple so turbulence not really an issue on a naked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ginkgo

Ginkgo Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2020
    Overland Park, KS
    Hi all, from Kansas USA! I have two Schuberth helmets, the C3 flip-up and the M1 open face. The C3 is not really very quiet, and the M1 is not much noisier to be honest. I'm looking for a new lid myself!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Schuberth C2 is very quiet.

• Like Like x 1