765 Quickshifter / Shift Assist

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Dan Brown, May 27, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member

Apr 23, 2021
    Essex
    Hi All,

Getting a little confused with regards to the quickshifter fitted as standard on all Street triple 765 RSs (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I have read one of the handbooks which made it sound like they are an up only quickshifter, but have seen Triumph shift assist advertised as working on up and down changes?

Which is fitted to RSs? Was there a changeover year between plain quickshifter and shift assist, or is shift assist an optional upgrade to what comes as standard on an RS?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

2. Stephen Lord

Stephen Lord New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Cumbria
    Hey Dan, to my understanding the quickshifters fitted to pre-2020 models were up only. Thanks

3. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member

Apr 23, 2021
    Essex
    That would explain my confusion, so I take it a pre 2020 one cant be upgraded to an up and down ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Dan, the 2020 onwards have an up/down quickshifter, this cannot be fitted retrospectively, so much is different it is not compatible whatsoever. If you want the quickshifter/autoblipper you can fit the latest HM unit, if you look on the website of UK Racesupport it gives detailed information on the unit, the people at UK Racesupport are really helpful and very knowledgeable, they do a range of trick parts for the Street RS. The 2020/2021 model has a number of changes from the older models, more mid range grunt and acceleration, different gearbox ratios and much more including a new dash, although personally I preferred the 2019 dash to the new one, that said the machine does perform better in a number of areas.

• Useful Useful x 1