Quick Shifter

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Chris franks, Feb 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris franks

Chris franks New Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Sale
    Hi please can you help how can I identify quick shifter socket on wiring loom all I can find is it’s under the tank.
    2016 speed r

2. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    its located in the depths of the engine on top of the gear box need child size hands to get to it ,it should be the only plug there with a blanking cover on one end

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Chris very helpful

4. Chris franks

Chris franks New Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Sale
    Cheers all done thanks a lot just been out to test it kin ace.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Liam Concannon

Jun 10, 2020
    Hampshire
    Is it in the same place on the 2019 speed RS? I just can't find it

6. neilb

neilb Active Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Billericay, Essex
    probably is in the same place as on my 2016 speedy, but it’s a right effing pig to locate and free up from the main loom. Why Triumph had to bury it in the depths, wrapped up in yards of insulating tape, I’ll never know....taking the p*ss I guess! Anyway, if it’s of any help, they wrapped blue tape around the plug for easy identification......yeah!

7. Liam Concannon

Jun 10, 2020
    Hampshire
    Bastards haha. I might get them to plug it in as I believe that it will require programming from the ecu

8. neilb

neilb Active Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Billericay, Essex
    Liam, I take it you’ve read the threads on the grief a number of folk have had with the QS on the RS. If not, make sure you do before taking the decision to fit one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Liam Concannon

Jun 10, 2020
    Hampshire
    I heard a lot of mixed reviews. From the impression I get it's a lol on riding style. Like don't expect it to work unless you are giving it the beans.
    I do wonder if triumph need to look into this and do a software updat for the RS.

10. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I've just had my qs switched on today at webbs (in peterborough).
    I fitted it myself but needed it (sw) loaded and the qs calibrated (via a 10 second in each gear trip that the engineer took).
    I paid £210 for the shifter (online with modified lever included) and £40 for the install of s/w.
    I'm deliberately taking it steady around 4th gear until I get used to it and as i change up generally at 6k normally, i'm finding it great tbh.

• Like Like x 3