Quick Safety Note

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Mark9, Aug 15, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    #1 Mark9, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    IMO there’s only so much we can do to increase our safety, but things like entering blind bends slowly is one of them, I’m constantly amazed by bikers peeling into bends at speed when they can’t see what’s around the bend, this was brought into sharp focus for me a few days ago, I turned into a blind corner very slowly, immediately around the bend was a stationary car, it hadn’t been there for the last 30 years I’ve ridden that corner!!!!, he’d stopped because a combined harvester was approaching and taking up three-quarters of the width of the road, I entered the bend that I could have gotten round at 25mph to 30mph at about 12mph, I’m rather glad I did!.
    Now the car driver was foolish to have stopped immediately around the bend, the combine was still at least 100 feet away and he could easily have gone another 30 feet or so before stopping but the point is that just about anything can be just around just about any corner!, just thought I’d mention it as a reminder folks.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    Slow in - Safe out

Alfie

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    And then get somewhere safe quick before the next car comes round the bend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Me after some of the latest stories on the forum I am pondering getting of and pushing the bike around the bends or is that me around the bend. But yes I do agree safety comes first there is a time and place for speeding and if you must get your self on to a track day. Then you can let rip no traffic coming looking to get you.
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1