Quick Release Screen

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by Finchy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Finchy

Finchy New Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Could anybody tell me the diameter of the mounting bobbins for the quick release screen on a Tbird 1600, please? I have a second hand screen on its way (a genuine Triumph part and got it for £23!:)), but it is missing the mounting assembly which is bolted to the forks. I begrudge paying £150 for this part and am considering making my own, because I am able to do so and enjoy doing it. From the photos, the top ones look larger than the bottom ones. Thankyou.

2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I will try and dig mine out from storage it is from the 1700 storm but I believe the same thing and size, (I do have a 1600 one also but that remains unopened in its box together with the unopened screen as it came from Triumph, they were told not to fit on purchase but supply)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I'm hoping that he's sorted out his problem in the last 5.5 years!!!!
    I do that too tbh. I look at a post and think YES! I can help and reply and not realise the time it was posted.
    Oh well, at least you get to dig about a bit!! :):):)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #4 TEZ 217, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    My God I'm normally so carefull :D:D:D but to be honest had I seen it back then he may still not have an answer to it, :cool::cool:
    In my defence if I have one, I was still on Page One.o_O

• Funny Funny x 3