Tiger 800 Questions

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Neil Poyner, Apr 18, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Neil Poyner

Neil Poyner New Member

Apr 18, 2022
    Bn177de
    Hi, I bought a Tiger 800 XCA last weekend and love it, few questions though.

I have a fog lamp out and can't find a link to a replacement ?

Also It came with a powered top box which I gather is only supposed to be on the 1209 explorer, but it's connected, to what I'm not sure but it's def connected, what can I plug in and how (see picture)

20220412_132131.jpg

20220410_090532.jpg

20220412_132131.jpg

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Hi and welcome to the forum, a great choice of bike!
    I would assume that the fog lights are the LED type, (the early ones had halogen bulbs) fitted to the later models. If so it appears that you have to replace the complete light unit, go onto www.worldoftriumph.co.uk or www.fowlersparts.co.uk. The part number you need looks as if it is either T2701465 or T2706027 depending on the model year you have, a warning however the price of a light unit is just over £140!! I suggest you check the wiring first to make sure that it is the light unit that is defective.

Your second query regarding the powered top box, this looks like a home made addition, the genuine Triumph one had contacts under the top box and a socket on the plate so that it disconnected when you took the top box off.
    You need to check whether your leads are powered all the time or just ignition live and you need to check the feed and fuse rating to see what load it can carry.

3. Neil Poyner

Neil Poyner New Member

Apr 18, 2022
    Bn177de
    Thanks, the fog light has randomly sorted itself so I'll dig a little deeper to check the connection and the top box power disappears further under the seat so may have to remove more things to find what it's connected too