Putting The Front Wheel On

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Troy92, Jul 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    I’m just putting my front wheel back in, when it was torqued should it look like the photo? It looks like it’s hanging out

image.jpg

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Make and model please.

3. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    17 speed triple r, also abs light how flashes

4. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Looks like the spacer doesn't fit right, could it have been accidentally swapped from the other side of they are specific to which side they fit
    ABS light will flash if the sensor isn't picking up the ABS ring if it is too far away...needs to be within a couple of mm

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    It looks like the wheels on the wrong way round, i cant see the abs ring, it should be on that side buddy...... abs rings the same side as the side stand.

6. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    Yeah it’s on that side. I’ve changed the spacers over and all sorts. I’m right in only thinking there’s 2? I can’t get any diagrams up online

7. martinm

martinm Member

Mar 24, 2018
    leicester
    have you sorted it yet ? 1 spacer each side of wheel. they should be the same. try fowlers triumph parts they have detailed pictures of parts.

8. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Have you got a more zoomed out picture?
    Can't tell if that is left or right, taken from in front or behind

9. martinm

martinm Member

Mar 24, 2018
    leicester
    your picture shows it looking ok. your abs light wont go out until you are going at about 3 or 5 mph.

10. martinm

martinm Member

Mar 24, 2018
    leicester
    your picture shows it looking ok. your abs light wont go out until you are going at about 3 or 5 mph. the pic is from the front of the right side i think.

11. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    That’s my nose to the nose of the headlights, so the abs ring will be on the right hand side of the wheel

12. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    Yeah I looked there. Interestingly the spacers come as a pair and are the same part, yet when you look at them closely you’ll see one has 1 grove and the second has 2

13. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I found this video very useful - maybe you'll spot something that you've done differently...especially as the front wheel removal doesn't go to plan:

Is this your channel @topbanana0?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Yes this is my channel, the spacer is correct as its what's called a floating axle. As someone has already said, abs light will go out when you ride it. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Troy92

Troy92 Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Leicester
    Yeah I’ve got it all sorted now and it’s fine thanks. At the time it didn’t look right compared to my other bike but it’s all good thanks

• Like Like x 2