Pulled Back!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Mar 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Nothing makes you feel even more like a old git than pulling your back! my own fault as i shifted
    a whole load of big paving slabs on Friday and yesterday i had that you've pushed your luck feeling
    later I'm in the shed just pottering and moved in some direction that my protesting back said THAT'S ENOUGH to ...so spent the rest of the day swallowing pain killers and moving like i had shit myself,
    Slightly better this morning but i know i will not be doing much for a few days....that's the trouble you still think you can get away with things like you did ten or twenty years ago.

• Agree Agree x 13
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Ibuprofen - muscle relaxant, warm bath and as much sympathy as you can milk.....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I lift heavy objects every day in my job, but I actually put my back out just putting a sock on, the pain was unbelievable and I lay on the floor with 2 concerned dogs jumping all over me as there was nobody else at home at the time,if you can keep moving do it, because lying down doing nothing just makes it take longer to get better.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I was fine until about twenty years ago and had no problems with my back used to own a sandblasting business and was used to carrying 50kg bags up ladders etc.
    My first back experience was one Christmas i had just picked up a mini stereo for my daughters pressie got it out the car and turned to put it on the wall before carrying it inside and it just dropped me to my knees crawled indoors and lay on the floor for the next twenty four hours and it took a week before i could start getting about...been good apart from the odd tweak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I've done mine bending down to do up the buckles on my bike boots. Spend some time now on the odd occasion I go to the gym doing back stretches and (touch wood) have not had problems for a while now.

One of my old bosses slipped a disc sneezing once. Nasty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I've done heavy lifting all my life. One day couple of years ago I had been moving an engine and gearbox parts around, lots of pully haully... Fine. No problem.
    Got home, hot shower. Dried, bent (bent my knees too) to open a drawer and Pop. Bent over doubled up in pain. Shouted for mrs BS and she found a lump in my back, which she pushed back in, again with a pop. Maybe shouldn't have done that, but the relief was instant.

I've not done it since, but I am still wary. Twas excruciating.

I dislocated my shoulder once, in a forest, on my own. That hurt too. Putting it back in hurt more. Passed out both times.

So, microwave hottie pad rather than a bath, getting in and out of the bath hurts. Keep moving, wearing the hottie, and ibuprofen and paracetamol. If its not easing see the M.O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Ha. Yeah... Mind is willing but the flesh is weak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Unfortunately cant take things like Ibuprofen as i used to take it for a neck problem and it screwed my digestion up big time, use cocodamol cant take straight codeine that the misses has for her back.

Reminds me of when i first met the misses, she used to have two shepherds and two collies and me being the big man used to walk them with all the leads in one hand.......until they saw something a bolted i went down and came up with my shoulder in a rather odd position...managed to put it back on the back of somebodies transit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Ibuprofen does give problems with digestion right enough, ulcers are common. The M.O might give you Naproxen, but it has similar issues.
    I was prescribed Omeprazole to take in conjunction with both brufen and Naproxen. Nsaids stop the production of bicarbonate (think its bicarbobate anyhoo) in your stomach, which leads to ulcers and bleeds. I have arthritis, so it's a balancing act. Trouble with all the pills is they all have side effects, which they give you another tablet for... And before you know it your downing a dozen pills at each sitting. :rolleyes:

Hark at me! No professional pill pusher, me. Don't even like taking them, but you have to sometimes.

Years ago, Dad said "Don't do that, you'll pay for it later in life" Shoulda listened, eh?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tricky-Dicky.
    I feel for you. No Hard tails for a while now. I used to lift the bikes and move them around. Now these last few years I find I can't lift a bucket. Got to ask my Big Boy. It makes me feel old and useless. But that's another story. Get well soon.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I know just what you mean i suffer arthritis and my knees are shot, when i was young i was happy to pop pills and happy ones ;) now i avoid taking anything i dont have to.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I reakon there are loads of members on here that can tell a story or two about a bad back...... it comes with the average age of them said members.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    About 20 years ago I just twisted my body and my back went into lock down.
    After 2years of hospital visits, numerous injections up my spinal column I was sent for an MRI scam but the results were blurred. A few months later I went for another MRI scam and the result was a couple of bust discs with the protruding disc core sticking into and distorting my spinal cord.
    I went to see a Neuro Surgeon who operated and I’ve only had one scare since.
    I just have to be careful now.

A lot of pain associated with back problems is when the back muscles go into spasm and lock up in an attempt to protect the back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Don’t mention Ibrufen to me as I’m allergic to the stuff.

I was prescribed Ibrufen when I first started with my back problem,post above, and within a couple of hours I was covered in what I can only describe as looking like I’d been rolling in nettles.
    I was completely covered in a rash from head to toe and it itched like mad, nearly drove me crazy. It went on for days :mad:

Most anti inflammatory creams/jells or muscular treatments that you can by over the counter have Ibrufen in them so they’re a no no for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The trouble with Ibuprofen is the users who don’t read the pigging leaflet. It IS a stomach irritant and needs to be taken with food or a good glug of milk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    When the doc proscribes them for a chronic condition and you end up taking it for 5 years there is not much you can do its too late by which time you have had your digestion messed up and need omaprazole just to function...and that's also not good for you long term,,,which is why i avoid any long term medication these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    You have my complete sympathy. There are relatively few things that disagree with me..... my intolerance of bread in any quantity now gives me similar problems but ranitidine is enough and less problematic than omeprazole. The anti malarial Lariam made me more weird than I usually am - kind of dulled and angry - but post op Morphine had me fighting awkward! Fortunately for the nursing staff I was briefly bed-ridden.
    Married to a nurse who is pretty anti long term medication in all but the very elderly and/or mentally distressed.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I was down all last week with more or less the same - you just have to ride it out...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    That's very true, with me I take them after a meal. I can't take them with milk, I get an instant reaction from milk, I boak it up pretty quick. (Got me out of a lot of lessons at school that did. Please miss, I don't feel so good... Hughieeeeee...)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    It certainly irritates my stomach not on the inside but the outside :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1