Tiger Explorer Puig Rear Hugger

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by David Gower, Mar 4, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Gower

David Gower Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Warminster, Wiltshire, Uk
    #1 David Gower, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Hi all ...
    Took the "Beastie" out for its ride around the Salisbury Plain today. Needless to say she got christened by the time we got home. She was a real dirty bi-atch ...
    What a bugger to clean ...

My question ...

Has anyone fitted the Puig rear hugger, or in fact any hugger.

• Like Like x 1
  2. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Hi Again. I would look up power bronze. I have a proper full carbon one from them. Sits close to the tyre to stop all the shite. I know my bike is different but am sure they do one for yours

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Gower

Jan 12, 2019
    Will give it a look but I actually ordered a Puig one last night. :rolleyes:

4. David Gower

Jan 12, 2019
    Awesome service. When I ordered it through Amazon, I was expecting it to arrive on the 4th April from Germany.
    It came this last Monday.
    Being working, today was my first day off. It's now fitted with a slight readjustment of the rear brake line needed.

IMG_1283.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    That's trick! Should help you keep your baby clean.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    I've just fitted the Powerbronze matt black one. £99 quid from their website, free delivery . just use discount code UKFORUM1. Took about 30 mins to fit. hopefully photo attached.

20190329_133809.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. David Gower

Jan 12, 2019
    Well ... Back in May when I was working on my mate bike, I looked over at the Tiger and noticed that the rear hugger forward support arm had snapped. :eek:
    The hugger had been on just over a month and I'd ridden her 4 times.
    Needless to say I was a tad pi**ed. Especially as i was a few weeks away from my Europe tour.
    Upon removing the hugger I noticed that it had also worn a groove into the top of the torque arm.
    After a lengthy communication with the supplier in Germany, I sent it back the week before I was going on my bike tour to Dubrovnik. All praise to them, the full refund was in my bank within 2 weeks.
    I have now resigned myself to clean the bike more. Oh hardship !!! :)

The bike preformed perfectly for the 3518 miles of the trip. Well .. Apart from the fuel gauge/sender having a silly few minutes, telling me I didn't have any fuel after a coffee stop this side of the Timmelsjoch pass.

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG