Featured Protection for your Crash Bars

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Rooster, Oct 20, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    So you have your brand new bike with brand new crash bars and you accidentally loose your balance when stationary - what happens? You scratch your crash bars, and they are very expensive to replace or get repaired. So here is the soloution I came up with.

After some web searching I finally found a company selling "Round Saddle Feet". Remember those tubular steel framed chairs you had at school. Well they had plastic feet on them to stop them scratching the floor and they fit on the crash bars a treat.

You can buy them from http://www.bpfonline.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=1845&catid=3152. And are very inexpensive. I ordered 10 for £7.50 delivered.

For an explorer you need the 24-26mm Round Saddle Foot - No Peg.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    That is just brilliant !! Well done Rooster - a worthwhile contribution.

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. H1udd

H1udd New Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Bristol
    You need something to stop your crash bar protectors getting scratched now

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

What a crackin' idea. Tick VG Rooster. I did something similar myself decades ago when I had a R80RT Beemer with crash bars. I had access to some special plastic pipe that could be heat formed to cover the important bits of my bars. Damned expensive stuff at the time but I weren't paying for it. Can't remember it's name but they use something very similar for making form fitting splints in hospitals now

• Like Like x 1