Project T595 Daytona

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Curlytops, Apr 16, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Curlytops

Curlytops New Member

Mar 15, 2023
    York
    Well after a month chasing electrical faults the Daytona is now back together and running fine! I bought it as a project with issues and went through it methodically... it was the ecu which was at fault and I changed it for a known good used one as well as redoing some shoddy work by the previous owner. Ran fine with the ecu for about half an hour then dropped onto 2 cylinders... coil had gone down so had to await delivery of another good used one...fitted it yesterday and all is well fired up and ran and revved... remapped it to the correct map and it now rides great... just gotta sort the back brake now as its binding...

IMG_2251(2).JPEG

• Like Like x 4
  2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!
    Subscriber

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    The bike looks as good as new :cool:

I am interested in what you have in the way or non-standard rear Indicators. Are they the ones built in to an after market tail light perhaps?

Back brake calliper wise, I ended up stripping mine because the pots were pitted and seized so I fitted a new piston & seal kit + a new disc. The photo shows a good hack if you don’t have a tool for removing brake pistons.

Cheers

Geoff

IMG_20211218_161922_Original.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. robert moore

robert moore Nobby

Jul 4, 2021
    Malvern Hills
    As per Geoff (eagle eye) can you show us a picture of her rear, I’d also be interested in more racy rear on mine. Once mine also has its electrical gremlins resolved

• Like Like x 1
  4. Curlytops

Curlytops New Member

Mar 15, 2023
    York
    Im not sure id call the indicators racy.. more like eblag specials just drilled up either side of the number plate light...god dam awful :joy:
    But hey if you feel the need to copy it then go ahead!!..Am liking the hack for removing the rear brake pistons Geoff!

IMG_2120.JPEG

• Like Like x 2
  5. Curlytops

Curlytops New Member

Mar 15, 2023
    York
    Whats the electrical problems your having? Ive just spent a month chasing mine down...

6. robert moore

robert moore Nobby

Jul 4, 2021
    Malvern Hills
    I’ve had the usual stator burn out,which was replaced, but then whilst out on a ride last week had total electrical shut down and needed recovery after not being able to fathom or fix by the side of the road. The bike is now with a mechanic for a assessment

• Like Like x 1