Progressive Front Springs T120

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Cupoftea, Apr 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Has anyone fitted the springs from Hagon?
    I bought a pair, waiting for the time to fit.
    On the phone to them one day and was told that you may be able to use the original oil but draw some out to maintain a 160mm depth.
    Not sure the original viscosity is, now wish that I bought the TEC springs.
    Do you think it's best to buy their oil or stick with the original

• Like Like x 1
  2. When I just bought some TEC springs, and wanted my local Triumph dealer to fit them. A couple hours later I had a call from the said dealer saying he was reluctant to fit them due to the lack of quality. Well actually it was more the quality of the supplied spacers. They was plastic pipe where even the edges was dead rough!
    The dealer was excellent and said he can get around the problem( he had some metal ones he could use for me) of which he did.
    This left me thinking about the quality of the actual spring also and I wish I’d got them from Hagon now.
    On saying that though all seems good now and the jobs done!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    The spacers that came with my TEC springs weren’t the same size as one another! They did replace without fuss however. The replacement spacers were the same size but as Goonergoose mentions roughly cut. They new springs though have made a positive difference to the handling of the bike. I am thinking though of cutting down the original Triumph spacers and replacing the TEC ones. Has anyone cut down the Triumph spacers and what did they use to do it? Will a junior hacksaw be sufficient? They seem to be made of a thick quality plastic material unlike the TEC ones.

• Like Like x 1