Prison Time For A Wheelie?!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bonnie1980, Sep 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bonnie1980

Bonnie1980 Bonneville T120 Black

Aug 6, 2019
    South East England
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Oz228

Oz228 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Inverness
    Only a suspended sentence so probably won't go to jail, so I don't think it's harsh. He had obviously been riding around like a lunatic for a few hours and waved at the cops earlier (obviously thinking he's above the law) I think he's very lucky it was a suspended sentence and 12 month ban is quite lenient I think

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steve 998cc

Steve 998cc Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    leicestershire
    He got what he deserved only 9 weeks jail shouldn't have been suspended. It was a built up area kids and people about. The mans an idiot and gets us all a bad name. When I want ride like an idiot I find some quiet roads where the only one going to get hurt/killed is me, not a built up area.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. i agree 100% with that...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

Except it doesn't QUITE work like that DD. Extending the logic of your argument might suggest that anybody that broke into your home but didn't actually nick anything shouldn't be subject to a sanction of some kind? OK, the extension of the logic is stretched somewhat, but I think the broad principle of the argument remains valid.

If somebody was dumb enough to commit a robbery/mugging/theft in full view of a police officer - plain clothed or uniformed - they'd get an easy tug and a well deserved sentence ... one would hope. This dumbo did much the same, albeit on a different level.

It's not that long ago most of us saw the result of the idiot driving a car at a "cruising" type event running into a number of people on a crowded pavement. I can't remember the extent of the personal injuries the idiot caused but it wasn't nice and it certainly wasn't clever.

My two penn'orth says this guy got off lightly. Serving time would have given him a worthwhile opportunity to consider his responsibilities towards himself and the general public - something he clearly didn't do on the evidence of the footage shown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Yep, I understand and accept that, Jez. But wouldn't you want the law to do something and have some sanction should the person who broke in subsequently be caught? And, yeah, I know, there'll be people saying that the police didn't do SFA when my place got broken into - that's delving into a discussion about resources rather than accountability. But, let's face it, if someone breaks the law the sanctions are there for all to recognise and understand the likely outcome of failure to observe.

This guy was an easy target simply because he made himself an easy target. He got pretty much what he could expect to get in the circumstances. We'll have to agree to disagree on the results of what I'm sure you'd have to admit is his reckless stupidity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Just the other day, some idiot was caught doing 132mph in his car crossing the Humber Bridge - in the rain! Apparently he was running late for work. Presumably he was even later when the police caught up with him. It was around 05.30 - 06.00hrs if memory serves so I guess traffic was light, but crashing at that speed on the bridge would no doubt have him learning to fly!! And it's a long way down!!!:eek::scream::scream:

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Don’t matter what we think he should or should not get... he got the results of his actions given to him via due legal process. It is flashed about to give folk the idea that if they behave in similar fashion, that is what the can expect to receive themselves.
    If we are aggrieved at the state of the legal punishment system... there is literally fuck all we can do about it, let’s face it! The only way bikers could receive preferential rates of punishment is to be recognised as a protected party and that this irresponsible behaviour is an essential part of our beliefs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes I think a bit harsh compared to other sentencing here in the Uk. But I suppose he could have brought it on himself.
    Regards
    Joe.

11. DaveJC

DaveJC Member

Dec 5, 2018
    norfok
    At 52 years old you'd think he would know better. If he has children what a fine example he sets them. The police would not be doing their job if they didn't book him. Take away his license and crush his bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    Clearly an eedjit. He's going to wreck the head bearings doing that - looked to me like it slammed down quite hard.

Joking aside, I think he got his just deserts. No excuse for doing that and seeming to taunt the police too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Holy cow, i certainly understand when the front wheel comes up some control is lost, and a bad idea on city streets, he certainly abused this power. Prison time is given (right or wrong) on typical consequences of your actions, please don't open up the what if can of worms because it's endless, what if you hook a golf ball and it kills someone due to bad judgement (right or wrong). I still ride a unicycle to keep my balance sense sharp.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Will you two shut up and get a room? Oh, wait ..... you already have ..........

Enjoy your hollies DD.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1