Prince Charles & Lady Diana Bonnie

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Alan F1ynn, Sep 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

I like her LOTS (and most of the others too) so can I join you? I am an idiot, though so beware .......:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I have to admit Her Majesty went up in my estimation when she did that parachute jump with James Bond for the Olympics. Kudos on the plucky old girl.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

She is a german !!!

It was founded by King George V by royal proclamation on 17 July 1917, when he changed the name of the British Royal Family from the German Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to the English Windsor, due to the anti-German sentiment in the British Empire during World War I.

:eek:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #23 Rich Bryce, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Bearing in mind it's pretty much a dynasty of kissing-cousins, Her Maj can trace a blood line way back to King Alfred I, albeit some through the female side such as Sophia (another ancient German), and the Stuarts of Scotland. So she's a fecking Jock, which explains her penchant for shortbread, deep fried corgis and caravaning in Balmoral (where I once saw her and her retinue having a picnic back in the seventies).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad.
    I think you would be there for the great Lady if she gave you the shout. But then I think you would be there for us all. Just my thoughts.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    You know, this has got me thinking. I traced my cousin's paternal family tree a few years back (his dad married my mum's sister), via Edward I aka Hammer of the Jocks, through Matilda of Scotland (Henry I's missus) and thence to Alfred the Great. That makes my cousin a cousin to Her Maj, and f"ck me, if there was a major disaster (like a charabanc mishap on the way to the Derby) that wipes out the line of succession then our Michael would have a claim to the throne - admittedly there's a a break of illegitimacy in the line, but that hasn't stopped Jon Snow being declared King in the North, has it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Help me Obi Wan...

Help me Obi Wan... Well-Known Member

Oh well said Sir. Agree with everything you said. As for the carrot top, brother from another mother.

8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #26 Rich Bryce, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    I was going to make a joke about her bro' going round the family portraits in Althorp Hall touching them up with a pot of burnt-orange Dulux to prove a a ginger strain in her ancestry. So I Wiki'd Althorp Hall and found some pictures to photoshop. And blow me, either some flunky got there already or there really is a ginger strain. This is one of Diana's grgrgrgr Aunts, Georgiana daughter of the first Earl Spencer, painted by Thomas Gainsborough.

Now Althorp Hall is in Northants (the Rose of the Counties) from where @Dozers Dad and I originate so I'm conflicted here. I guess I'll have to uphold the honour of Diana our fellow Nothamptonshiretonian, me ducks.

[​IMG]

And John Poyntz Spencer, 5th Earl Spencer was known as the Red Earl owing to his long red beard.

9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I thought the same for years but apparently she did not meet Hewitt until mid 1986 and Harry was born in September 1984, so was conceived around Christmas 1983!

10. Help me Obi Wan...

Help me Obi Wan... Well-Known Member

That's too much information. besides if you check the "Royal Family" over the many hundreds of years, all inbred, the lot of em.
    As the rednecks of Murica are so fond of saying.
    "Er, I'd like to introduce you to my wife, sorry my sister".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1