Sprint GT Price Of A Screw !!

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Our Gee, Jan 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Our Gee

Our Gee Member

Apr 3, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    Just finished re-fitting the fairing panels on my Sprint GT and as usual I managed mix up the different screw types !!. So in an effort to get it right next time I started making a "location / type" list using the Fowlers Parts Fiche. One thing that has caught my attention is part number T3330941 which is item 18 (the screws which secure the radiator infill panels and the oil cooler infill panel to the left and right fairing panels). These are described as M5 x 16 But/Hd Skt. So nothing special the except the price £3.62 each !!!. The very similar screw which secures the fairing to the cockpit (3 each side are priced at £1.18 each. Anyone else noticed this ?.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Yeah. I did, a couple of years ago I bought the cheaper ones and used them in place of the dear ones, no bother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Mine was a quick hopefully helpful reply, not an entry into who can pi55 the highest competition ;)

Naturally you can buy "Triumph bolts" or like they do you could buy directly or indirectly from a bolt manufacturer with substantial savings was my point. :p

Either yours DD or mine represent worthwhile savings like you said.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    When it comes to replacing bolts and stuff I usually go to my local "fasteners" supplier with an example of what I want and say "have you got any of these" ?
    They usually have and it costs a few pence. Only trouble is they have a £5 minimum charge. Last time they just gave me the bolts as they were only about 40 pence worth. It's also worth walking in with a pack of choccy biscuits as they will do a swap.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    And I was worried about big brother :neutral:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    #7 stevethegoolie, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Your patience and diligence in the search for money saving ideas is, of course, to be applauded at all times, Jez. Indeed, I feel proud and honoured to be a member of the same forum as your good self. And this is not the first time that you have excelled yourself in this context, usually in a generous act of helping others find their requirements at most favourable prices, even if you did attempt to start WW111 with your cheap top boxes a while back. Talk about divisive!!! But many were (rightly) converted (and admitted) to the 'Great Order of the Top Box'.
    So, to sum up, it would seem that:- you are a confirmed tightarse.
    you are also generous.
    you are a stirrer.
    you are an educator.
    you are a missionary.
    Well done!
    If you can now confirm that you have the ability, and more importantly the desire, to catch the penny you just dropped before it hits the ground - preferably on the back of your head and without suffering a faceplant - then your application will most certainly be approved.:)
    Enjoy you new found status. And don't forget to learn "On Ilkla' Moor Baht 'At", your new National Anthem. If I counted them correctly (from memory - unreliable on a good day!) there are eight verses to go at.

EYUP!:grinning::grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Oh dear ...... "On Ilkley Moor Baht 'At" (without a hat!).
    No flashing of lily white legs required - funny handshakes optional.
    You could also try screaming 'OW MUCH!!!???:eek::scream: in a disgusted and horrified voice when told the cost of an item you wish to purchase.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Hey DD you nearly pulled me in then..... yer fecker :p

£75 discount on a wedding ring won a few brownie points in more ways than one :blush:

Beat that then you wannabe in order to be a member of this exclusive club?
    :joy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Urinating on passing paper aircraft will make them soggy and make a mess on the floor.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    You may say that - I couldn't possibly comment!
    Food for thought though! But hey .... unbelievably, even a Yorkshireman can, rarely though it happens, make the odd slight error.o_O They will NEVER admit to it though. Punishment can be both swift and severe, such as an enforced 3 day stay in wildest Lancashire - heaven forbid!!:eek: A second offence could be punished by staying there for a whole week!!!!:cold_sweat: There never has been a third punishable offence - ever!
    I have a t-shirt which has a slogan on the front which states "Tha can allus (always, for those who need help!) tell a Yorkshireman, but tha can't tell 'im much".:p
    I rest my case.:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Our Gee

Our Gee Member

Apr 3, 2019
    North Yorkshire
    #12 Our Gee, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Tried the above ebay supplier and, "No" they are not suitable. My order arrived today and although the threads are M5 the button diameter is too small. They will come in useful for something in the future but no good for the Sprint Body Panels. Looks like it will be necessary to specify button diameter.
    These look to be a better option
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Yama...023776&hash=item2cb736c9b1:g:pzwAAOSwGNFch5qk

• Agree Agree x 1