Price Of A 2004 T100

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Rainman, Sep 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2019
    Wiltshire
    Good morning all ... I am being tempted by a mint condition 2 owner low mileage Stock T100 In Green and Gold with lots of Chrome triumph aftermarket parts fitted new tyres and full triumph service history Not sure what I should be paying though..

Asking price is £4850 which I feel is a bit on the high side ....

Any opinions would be gratefully received!

thanks in advance

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    That seems a bit high to me. Whilst that is the older carb model it will most likely be the 790cc engine. The better engine is thought to be the 865cc version. People do consider that the older carb models are worth a premium and it depends whether you are buying privately or though a dealer with a warranty etc.

I would have thought that a price nearer £3750 for a private sale and £4,500ish from a dealer would have been nearer the mark for a low mileage machine.

For a comparison I bought an immaculate Yellow and Black 2006 T100 last Christmas for £4100 privately with 8,000miles on the clock.

I had to do some work on it, replacing tyres, service etc and I have upgraded the suspension and I think that mine would be worth £4,500 max if I wanted to sell it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I a
    I very much agree. Without knowing if it is a private sale with no comeback or limited warranty dealer sale it is £1000/£500 on the high side for a 16yr old bike of no great rarity, mint or otherwise. Shop around.....especially at this time of year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rainman

Aug 21, 2019
    Wiltshire
    Thanks to both of you for the advice - it’s a private sale so I guess I will go and have a look and make a decision then

Will let you know how I get on

• Like Like x 2
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I sold my 2005 865 T100 privately two months ago. It was in pretty fair nick with 20k miles and a few extras like panniers and new seat so your vendor is ‘beyond optimistic’ in my view.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    WOW ! Maybe I should ship my old Triumphs to the UK to sell. Not worth anywhere near that much in the US. ...J.D.
    The fleet -2015.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  7. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I've had my 2011 Thruxton up for sale a few hundred quid cheaper than that for a while now with no takers. :confused: I'd say its a bit pricey for a bike of that age.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rainman

Aug 21, 2019
    Wiltshire
    Ok thought I would let you know that I’ve done the deal at £4100 and will get all the original parts that have been replaced with Chrome ones too

This means of course that I will be selling my 2001 Bonnie ....

• Like Like x 4
  9. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    That sounds a reasonable price for an immaculate bike, well done, lets see some pictures please.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

#10 MartyWilson, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2020
    I have to own up to paying five and a half grand for a 2001 8,000 mile machine from a dealer but I think it was worth every penny (and I would have paid more) as it has unique Union Jack airbrush artwork (airbrushed for the original owner at a cost of £500) and, put simply is just beautiful. I bought another 2001 a few weeks ago from a dealer for a mere three and a half but it has a few scratches in the paint, 18,000 on the clocks and is requiring some work on getting the carbs sorted. Once I have done that and switched it's green and silver bodywork for a suit of 2002 Sky Blue and silver it will be a permanent 'priceless' fixture in my stable. I also paid almost six grand for a 2014 2,500 mile machine including delivery but I would happily swap that one for another nice condition, low miles 2001-2006 machine. For my money a nice condition, low miles Hinckley built carburettor machine is worth as much as any 2010 onwards Thai built machine. After the initial dealership warranty is up I believe it is all down to condition, mileage and simple desirability of machine and any extras that may have been fitted. I have to say that I also disagree about the argument of the 865 being better than the 790. I don't think those extra 75cc's make much difference at all in the real world and it's largely in the mind. If you want massive performance then a Bonnie isn't the bike you need but if it is sheer cool and the closest thing to a 1959 British Classic without the oil leaks and other problems coupled with a visceral and delightful motorcycle to ride then a Hinckley Bonnie is worth as much as you have to spare for it!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rainman

Aug 21, 2019
    Wiltshire
    Thanks guys here’s a couple of photos:

00808009-3EF8-4C54-A4F4-2E8F5F889336.jpeg

4FCD5094-5829-48D4-A98F-97741A3138B2.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  12. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

Green, along with blue, are the best colours for Bonnie's to me and that's a sweet one you've got. I like those Chrome side panels too (or are they the motone polished alloy ones?) Those things, like everything for dressing up a Trumpet. ain't cheap.

I think that the first incarnation of the Bonneville is the most beautiful looking 'Classic' that Hinckley Triumph have produced. Everything since seems to have become more and more boring visually as the years have gone on.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    #13 MadMrB, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Congratulations :cool: and that seems like a fair price to me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    That's a very nice bike you have @Rainman

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Lovely looking bike :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Maxb10

Maxb10 Member

Jun 6, 2020
    Lincoln
    I bought the same not mint but good £3k out of Classic Car and Bike web site !

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    nice bike but a bit expensive they are not that much in Aus . but I guess any bike is only worth what you are willing to pay

• Like Like x 2
  18. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    I think you done good -that's a nice-looking ride. I paid $4500 US for my 2006 with 6100 miles from a dealership (one owner) and the previous owner did quite a few mods on her. I didn't think that was bad from a dealer and would expect to pay a little less from a private seller.

BonnieHope.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    In the US the market is flooded with used bikes. I haven't bought any in several years now. My usual method is to shop the internet starting about mid-November. Everybody is trying raise money for the coming holiday season. You have to take your time and know what you want. I ALWAYS carry cash !
    ...J.D.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rainman

Aug 21, 2019
    Wiltshire
    Thanks for all your positive comments

I have just picked up the bike and had a very nice 30 mike ride home - rides very nicely and a couple of Triumph new features I didn’t realise on the 2004 T100 - lights in all the time and no off switch and clutch pull in to start - both good things I feel ... VERY happy

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1