Featured Pressie From Dave C

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Dec 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Just popping back on to say a special thankyou to Dave C. Dave Gifted me a 94 / 95 grand prix annual. Great book and very informative. Thankyou Dave. I am forwarding it to my Boy Paul who loves racing. There are some special people on here. Dave wouldn't accept even postage for this book and it's not a light book to post.
    Happy Christmas And Thanks.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 12
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Nice one @Dave C , extra Hobnob rations for you at Castle Combe next year mate. :)

@joe mc donald you reap what you sow mate, niceness begets niceness! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    How lovely of you, Dave C. And how lovely of you, Joe, to gift it on!

Joe, you are so right--there are some special people on this forum. :) I'm glad to be part of this community and that I'm able to be through the miracle of the "inter web" even though in mileage and "pondage" I live far from most here. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Thanks Joe, I'm very happy you liked the book and that your son will enjoy it, you're very welcome.

I'll hold you to that offer Bill :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dave C
    Yes great read. Well Hobnobs I never thought. But thanks you are a hundred dollars. Sandi T you are the top of that list your ride outs and stories are worth everything. Dozers Dad you are tops and I respect you. Bad Billy you are like my boy mad. Ride a bike like you two is insanity.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, professionally that's right up my alley. ;):p

7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Joe, you are definitely right up there on the list! Thanks to you for being a friendly, kind, and welcoming forum friend. :)

Ok, when I first "met" you on the forum, you had a photo that listed "bacon butty" for sale at a rideout. That thread derailed into a big food discussion. ;) This food-related question may do the same. What the heck are Hobnobs?? :yum

8. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Here you go Sandi, these are the choc covered variety but it's a long standing thing that they are supplied in the Bad Billy racing hospitility suite for visiting forum members :yum Screenshot_20191214-091628.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Usually I can hang in there as a yank, but with this guy I think I need a translator, Helmut Visor! :confused: Or maybe I'll just watch it three or four more times. :p I won't say he has an accent as it all depends on one's perspective--I know I also have an accent. ;)

image.png

image.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Suffice to say they are the king of biscuits when it comes to dunking them in your brew Sandi ;);)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #12 Sandi T, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    As much as Hobnobs seem to be beloved and revered here on the forum, I think I'll be needing to track some down. Perhaps Amazon? Or maybe I'll have to make a visit to the Bad Bill racing hospitality suite. ;) I do like to dunk "biscuits" (cookies) in my brew, Helmut Visor. :yum:)

• Like Like x 2