Pressed Plates

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by tim scott, Mar 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tim scott

tim scott Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2021
    Kent
    Calling on the massed experience encapsulated here to ask if anyone has experience of a black and white pressed number plate for Belinda

I bought a plastic one from EBay which is decent enough but would genuinely like a metal one which will look cleaner - if no more legal - if anyone has any experience getting one of these I promise not to dob you in to the Rozzers :)

ta

2. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    #2 Iron, Mar 20, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    I get these

Screenshot 2022-03-20 203633.jpg

They are £15.95 off of ebay.

7x5 black kids text age motorcycle pressed number plate bike metal aluminium 1x

Fill in your number and they arrive a couple of days later. A bit flimsy but back them onto ally the same size and they are good.

3. tim scott

Aug 30, 2021
    Kent
    Thanks Iron - much obliged

• Like Like x 1
  4. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    I got mine from I believe the same place, but mine is pretty robust 20210929_151543.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    Interesting.....love to fit a black plate on my 2020 T100....how much risk of getting done is there.....and what the penalty.

I already have a black plate....not fitted it yet....but just blue tacked on it looks great.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Don't know to be honest, I've had black plates on all my bikes apart from my laverda, whether they were legal or not, I think if you hang around in big groups making a shit load of noise and riding like a twat you'll get pulled and they'll go over the bike with a magnifying glass I've never had an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tim scott

Aug 30, 2021
    Kent
    #7 tim scott, Mar 22, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    There are new penalties for plate violations with up to £1000 fines being touted so it is defiantly a risk. That said I’ve had my standard sized black and silver plate on my T120 for a year now and had no trouble. I believe in riding respectfully, obeying posted speed limits and wearing appropriate safety gear. My pipes are standard, basically I do nothing to attract the attention of the Police. If stopped I will be courteous and respectful, and aim to pass the “attitude test” and I’ll take it on the chin if I get a ticket.
    Also I would never compromise the tester at MOT time so the monstrosity would go back on for the ride to and from the test centre.
    But I just can’t bear the black and yellow horror on Belinda's beautiful behind. Make your own mind up

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    My T100 has straight through pipes and is pretty loud but even other bikers mistake it for an old bike so I think most young coppers probably think it's historic at first glance...you're right in that attitude has a big part to play.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nickjaxe

nickjaxe Active Member

Sep 2, 2020
    Cheshire UK
    #9 nickjaxe, Mar 22, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    Thankyou Pat and Tim.....yes Tim I would act the same as you if stopped and dont std plates look monstrous.