Preference Of X Pipe Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by David Masson, Jan 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Masson

David Masson Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Uk
    Hey everyone,
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on an x pipe? And for anyone who has one, which one did they go for and do you have any feedback on it?

2. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I never owned one. However I found this YouTube. I'm not sure if this is what you are after...

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Masson

David Masson Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Uk
    Cheers mate that’s exactly what I’m after!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Cant see the point as its just another restriction...and wrong design and too far in the system to be of any real advantage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Petetherod

Petetherod New Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Suffolk
    I've just fitted a TEC link pipe on my Street Twin and love it. Good quality and service from TEC. The bike feels far better and it sounds great on stock pipes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK

Maybe triumph have finally looked into pulse reversion tuning of the exhaust and the X pipe is the answer.....but cant really see it as it could be done with a simple diameter change rather than X pipe.....i suspect its probably more do do with emission balancing than performance.

7. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    I wonder if Prof Xaviers produces much X dottle?