Power Commander V Maps For Speed Triple S 2016

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Speed s, Feb 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Speed s

Speed s New Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Sweden
    Hi !

I can't find any maps anywhere for the speed triple s 2016, there is only 1 to download from "powercommander" website but that map is for the stock version. I need a map for my bike to suit the mods I have bolted on, and that is arrow lowboy full system and k&n air filter.

How have all of you other done when the powercommander is used ? Do I really need to get to a dyno to get a proper map to upload to the powercommander ? Isn't there a legit working map for the speed triple s 2016 for a full exhaust with the more open air filter ? There are a lot of different maps for a lot of other motorcycle brands and models but not the speed triple.

Can anyone help, please ?

Best regards, Sebastian

2. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    IMO... every bike is different. So would recommend to get it tuned properly on a dyno indeed...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    If the bolt ons are known a generic map will do the job the changes are minimal just a bit of richening up in the right load areas, a dyno remap would be more for squeezing every last ounce of power from the motor.

4. Speed s

Speed s New Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Sweden
    Ok, thank you
    Ok. Where can I get the map for this ? Is it from a Triumph workshop/dealer ? Beacuse I have asked the dealer at my home town in northen Sweden but the guys over there didn't have a clue about that it was even possible to changes the maps in the ecu. They did even contact Triumph about this and got the answer that it is not possible. Which I thought sounds strange beacuse I have read about Arrow maps to triumph, both for the single lowboy slip on and to the arrow full exhaust, for both the double high mount and the single low wich I have.

5. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
  6. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Does it work on the 2016 model year?

7. Speed s

Speed s New Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Sweden
    I have checked all over the web without finding anything to the 2016 model. On tuneecu there is only up to 2014 I think. People say that on the newer modelsthe ecu is still "tamper proof"

8. Speed s

Speed s New Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Sweden
    No it doesn't..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Didn't think so .

10. ccr32

ccr32 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2018
    London
    Bit of a thread resurrection here, but wondering if anyone was able to get or find a Power Commander map for this set up? (Arrow lowboy and K&N filter on a 2016 model Speed)

I also need this map. Will be getting my bike dyno'd but not for a few weeks, so was just going to run the standard zero PC map in the interim with the lowboy ECU map from a Triumph dealer.

Would be great however if someone had a PC map to share to use in the meantime... and I'll share my custom PC map once it's been on the dyno if anyone wants it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    i thought triumph put a stop to modifying the maps in the ECU's a few yrs ago. so the only way would be to piggy back it with a power commander. it may be worth a trawl of the net as I am sure some bright spark will have found a way to get round the code blocking Triumph have put on.

Good luck

12. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    i thought triumph put a stop to modifying the maps in the ECU's a few yrs ago. so the only way would be to piggy back it with a power commander. it may be worth a trawl of the net as I am sure some bright spark will have found a way to get round the code blocking Triumph have put on.

Good luck

13. ccr32

ccr32 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2018
    London
    They did indeed lock it down, but that only prevents tuners from flashing the ECU on the 2016+ models. As I understand it however, from the factory the bike comes pre loaded with three different ECU maps, one for completely standard, one for the Arrow high mount exhausts, and one for the Arrow lowboy exhaust. A Triumph dealer will just select the correct map when the appropriate exhaust is fitted - my local dealer has confirmed they can switch this for me for half an hour's labour.

Because the ECU is locked down though, it means that a tuner cannot get in an adjust throttle, fuelling and ignition maps. Hence, for 2016+ models, the only option currently is to bolt on a Power Commander so that fuelling can be adjusted.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    thanks for that ccr32

15. ccr32

ccr32 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2018
    London
    Wondered how long it would be before reference was made to this...! Each to their own and all that, but having considered this previously I now personally think that I'd rather have something that I can verify. A ECU re-write that sits on a part of the ECU that no one can see, not even Triumph, other than the people who put it there, doesn't smell right to me.

16. ccr32

ccr32 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2018
    London
    Fair enough. I'm glad to hear it worked for you. Not something I'm willing to give a go, though, I don't think...

https://m.facebook.com/Treetoptuning/?__xts__

17. ccr32

ccr32 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2018
    London
    I had a good chat with one of the chaps at Hilltop also and they make a very strong case. To be completely honest, I don't have the understanding or know how of how all of this works to be able to resolutely say that what they offer is possible, all above board and not what Treetop or others claim it is/not. I can only make a decision on my own experience, knowledge and the information I have. On that basis I have selected the PCV route and a dyno tuner I know and have used before.

• Like Like x 1
  18. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    i have just had a look on the Hilltop site and the quote below interested me
    3. Our software is self-learning, so you can change exhausts, air filters etc. without needing the ECU programmed again. This also means that the bike will perform optimally in all climates and at all altitudes.
    How do they manage that from the ECU?? as far as I am aware you need a sniffer in the exhaust. I know the bikes have a gas analyser in the xhaust as standard but I believe it is not accurate enough to monitor real time exhaust gases and is only used at tickover.
    hopefully someone can explain a bit more to me.
    as there statement seems to be to good to be true