Post your Bonnie pics here

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Rob, Apr 30, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Let’s see them!

Rob.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bargie

Bargie New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Tettenhall
    t100.jpg

New purchase last week - Changing the seat back to original this weekend:smile:

t100.jpg

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    #3 flapinflares, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    clean trumpet.jpg :upyeah: Very nice Bargie, very nearly had one. but ended up with a America as i love the looks of the cruiser. only had mine since xmas and done under 50 miles on it. I have had two Harleys also an 06 Thruxton. Im hopeing im happy with the feet forward position. I agree with you swaping the seat, im sure its comfey but does nowt for the looks. Im not so keen on the new Triumphs with the ironing board flat seat, recon you gota have a bit of curve. anyway enjoy mate, so p*"s off snow and let me an Bargie try our new bikes out.

clean trumpet.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Both the Bonnie and America are good looking machines, rode a Bonnie while my Speed Trip was being serviced and was surprised how well it went. Good luck with your new machines, let's hope the snow and salt clears off soon.

5. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Now this is a seriously nice Bonnie!!
    The Free Spirits Bonneville Evo Cafe Racer.... Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it!!:biggrin:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 19
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Nice looking Bonnie, I'm a bit tempted to go for a T100, but might just save meself a few quid & make a changes to the America. Agree with changing the seat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ash73x

Ash73x New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Barcelona. Spain
    My modding journey on my Bonnie

Some recent mods, Renthal style bars, CRG bar end adaptors with adjustable and foldable mirrors and levers and new grips. Lovin how it handles now, a world of difference!

Waiting for my Lossa stubby exhausts going through customs in spain, micro indicators ordered. Wheels and headlight bucket plasti-dipped black, black renntec rack and Dart flyscreen black, makes an amazing difference at speed, though i am only 5 ft tall.

I also have the AI tube blocked with a marble to reduce snatchiness of the throttle and cure the decel popping.
    I was wondering if anyone can advise a remap for the Lossa exhausts with the AI blocked. I cant do it myself as i live in a flat in the city and will have no internet connection outside or a connection to a plug for my laptop to download my own and reprogram, so therefor it will have to be a Triumph dealer installed map.

Next mods will be the indicators, sort the tail end out with something a lot cheaper than a FEK, maybe a black stone guard for headlight, headlight brackets and gaitors then i may be done, may be lol

before 1.jpg after 1.jpg before.jpg finished.jpg

before 1.jpg

after 1.jpg

before.jpg

finished.jpg

P4300078.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #8 Screwball, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    Look on Tune ECU for a map.. Plugs are £10 on eBay. You don't need wifi once you have downloaded map from flat you just need a good battery on your laptop. Remove fuse for headlights and battery on bike won't go flat either....

http://www.tuneecu.com/Twin_OEM_Tune_list.html

9. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I like what you've done with the bars, etc. Glad you got rid of the towel effect paint job!:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Looks great :upyeah:

11. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Nice looking Bonnie you got there mate :upyeah:

12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Starting to look good...Def get rid of those indicators. They are massive...

13. Ash73x

Ash73x New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Barcelona. Spain
    Thanks Screwball, didn't realize that, i'll defo look into that then. I've read loads of posts on "the Other Site" lol recommending different tunes for different set ups, am i right in saying that i don't need a custom map because the AI is only blocked and not removed? I've only seen one post about loading the Arrow 2-1 tune but i really have no idea, would that be better for the more open exhaust than the Arrow 2-2? How long does it generally take to complete the re-map? Laptop battery should be ok.

That made me chuckle Brybrem and there was me trying to start a new textured tank craze lol :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #14 Screwball, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    A custom tune will always be better and mapped specifically for your bike. Surely blanking something off is the same as removing it.. Pretty sure you can turn the AI on and off via the program...( not 100% sure)
    Maps take circa 10 minutes to download from the bike. (Read straight away) they don't take long to load.. Look at the Tune ECU web site, read the how too before you even try anything... It's pretty straight forward.... A few guys on the here have tried it and managed it ok....

15. Ash73x

Ash73x New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Barcelona. Spain
    Ordered the cable last night and downloaded the Tune ECU program, so once everything arrives (still waiting on customs clearance of exhausts and probably get hit with an extortionate bill from them) i'll defo have a good read through the how to as really dont wana mess things up.

Thanks for the advice :upyeah: i'll let you know how it goes when i eventually get the chance to do it

16. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    Like to put a pic on not sure how????

17. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    How do I put pictur.e on please

• Like Like x 1
  18. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Cool. The union flag looks good :smile:

19. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    bike

Yes it does get loads of notice when I go places its a plastic tank cover by triumph part of the 68 collection the bike is blue 04 model with white panels

20. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Good to see you sorted out the picture difficulties mixi, nice looking steed you've got there. :upyeah: