Positive

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by littleade, Mar 24, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    As per the title got pinged by the NHS app on Monday night to say I'd come into close contact with someone with covid on Sunday. So I did a LF test and bugger, it went positive inside a minute.
    20220321_233655.jpg
    So that's it, naughty step for me until at least Sunday providing I get the 2 negative results.

Thing is I only went to one place on Sunday, the annual Captain's thank you bash put on by the company that owns ours and 14 other golf clubs which sort of pissed me off as whoever gave it to me obviously didn't do a test before they travelled to Castle Royal, the club that was hosting the event down by Reading.

Anyhoooo, it's now Thursday and I've had none of the major symptoms (temperature, loss of taste or continuous cough) just what feels like a nasty cold. So I'm wondering how many others are spreading covid, thinking all they have is a cold because they don't have any of the main symptoms and others I've spoken to that have also tested positive have had the same symptoms as me rather than the main 3? No wonder it's spreading like wildfire and it looks like the free LF test kits won't be available after the end of this month either. Can't help thinking there's going to be more trouble ahead.

Thank fook for the vaccines

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Tek care fella.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

*yawn*

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Hope it stays mild for you, so many people at work have it at present, thankfully all mild too! The later variants don't have the "original" main symptoms such as continuous cough or loss of taste in the main, most people I know who have had / have it describe it exactly like you - as a nasty cold.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I’m in the same position Littleade as mentioned elsewhere on this forum. Except I’m stuck in an isolation cabin on a cruise liner, doubting that I will test negative before I’m due to fly home on Monday …..Then the fun really starts having to book a stay at The Covid Hotel, Rearrange flights, sort additional tests, etc, et Feckin cetera .
    I have a feeling of impending doom…!
    On speaking to a few friends at home, it seems that it is rife at the moment …probably more so than at anytime during the last two years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Shit one! I'm amazed I haven't got it yet. Our secretary got it and the 2 days previous to her testing positive, we had lots of close contact and handling papers etc. That was over a week ago now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    My wife’s been pretty much at my side all the time throughout our cruise, I slept with her for at least one night of me feeling a bit rough ( hangover assumed by me) before I tested. She remains negative…It’s a strange old thing …!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Look on the "positive" side . You finally know now that Golf is no good for you :p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Nor is sailing around on a feckin boat..! And the worse thing is, I’ve left the wife with the upgraded drinks package card… she’s been happy as Larry:p:cool:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Take care. It's just a week or 10 days to wait for, and then you should be immune for 3 months. (looking at the positive side)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    All the best Littleade, sounds like you are going to sail through it.
    Our son (31) got it Monday at work and says it is like a cold, bit snotty etc. Mrs Marky has moved in with other son as she is a night community nurse and really doesn't want it as a lot of staff are off work with it. So far i have dodged it and have been out on the bike a lot more and have a weekend of rides planned so i can avoid the lurgy ridden youf. :mask::mask::mask:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    All the best Littleade, sounds like you are going to sail through it.
    Our son (31) got it Monday at work and says it is like a cold, bit snotty etc. Mrs Marky has moved in with other son as she is a night community nurse and really doesn't want it as a lot of staff are off work with it. So far i have dodged it and have been out on the bike a lot more and have a weekend of rides planned so i can avoid the lurgy ridden youf. :mask::mask::mask:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    A 'bad cold' isn't much fun either. Get well soon.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Blimey Ade that's bad luck. You're right though, there are loads of inconsiderate people out there spreading it around. It seems quite rife again, in fact I know more people who have caught it this time around than before.
    Take care and get yourself better soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

*…loads of inconsiderate fully vaccinated people wearing face diapers out there still spreading it around*

FIFY

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    Did you take her from behind with a mask on? I hear that's the safest option.....

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    It could be worse, 18 months ago I'd have been kacking my pants wondering if I was going to end up in ITU or a coffin :scream:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  18. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    That sounds like a plan ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Hope you get a one liner soon Mate

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Unlucky Ade. The same happened to me at the weekend. Went to Thorpe Park with kids. Got pinged via the NHS app on Monday, did a test and was negative lol.
    Hope you recover without any major problems :)

• Agree Agree x 2