Pooh Sticks

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Iron, Feb 26, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iron

Iron Guest

#1 Iron, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
    So, as the NHS advice letter advised, my poo stick test kit was delivered yesterday. This year it is a little test tube with a stick in it rather than an envelope with three sticks in it.

Instructions say "Use a container or layers of toilet paper to catch your poo" - "Do not let your poo touch the toilet water".

Due to the difficulties in persuading and then arranging for one of the neighbours to catch my poo with "layers of toilet paper" I wondered if any of you 'over 60s' had any advice on how this bi-annual event could be made more fun or if you had any good ideas on how you carry out the operation.

For those of you that have not reached the ripe old age of 60 yet, you have to remember that once the pooing process has commenced there's not just one jobby that needs to be dealt with. Once started then there's no finishing until it's all finished. The fiddling around with sampling sticks only happens once the process is complete. It can prove to be a somewhat smelly operation.

Further advice given on the cover "collect sample by scraping the stick along the poo until all the grooves are covered" - "we only need a little poo to test - please do not add extra!"

This year will require stick scraping of the poo, an added complexity for this year's fun. I find it difficult to believe that some people were adding extra. The picture shows a massive stool hanging on the end of the sampling stick - how the fuck did they get that into the little test tube? where were they getting the 'extra' poo - from the garden or did they ask someone else to have a go as well?

Blimey, we go to all the effort of inventing flushing toilets and bidets so we don't even have to think about poo and as soon as you reach 60 you have to go inventing new ways of diving into it without a snorkel. :expressionless:

• Funny Funny x 16
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I have on many an occasion had to, shall we say, collect all my rubbish in plastic bags to take away with us (don't ask). It helps if you have a good mate to hold/aim the bag but if not just find a big doggie pooh bag and go for it :joy:

3. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Cling film?:grinning:o_O

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    I think this comes into the Too Much Information category. :poop:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Abirnie

Abirnie Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    WTF is this shit? No pun intended!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Yes, I think this thread should be dumped immediately.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Reminds me of my college dormitory days, where you would lift the lid and cover the toilet opening with Saran wrap, and close the lid.:poop::scream: a dimly illuminated toilet stall made this a really effective gag!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Dump in a bucket? :poop:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Borrow the wife’s colander.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    When I lived in Germany the toilet had a ledge that you poo'd onto. It sat there until flushed away. Just waiting for a stick to be scraped across it but no reason to do it..... Now I realise the German's were just well prepared for the 60 poo test.... Can I suggest a quick trip to Germany and back?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

Oh I don't know, I think I might pull up a stool and see how it goes :p:grinning:

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Just floating the idea?

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Plastic bag on the floor and take a dump, simples. Cleanup any spillage after, job done ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Might be a crap idea but how about a plastic Tupperware container? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Just remember not to use it for your sandwiches afterwards...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Iron

Iron Guest

Well, thanks for all the advice Chaps and Chapesses. I'm gonna dive in tomorrow with several of your more sensible suggestions and let you know how I get on. I may even get some photos if the neighbours will pose for me while aiding the process.

As these have to be posted back "in any Royal Mail postbox" I hope the postmen handle them with kid gloves as I'd hate for the sample tube to get broken. Imagine the distress for the neighbours. Laters All.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland

scream.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Can you imagine having to open the post every day in that job......The money may be good but the job stinks..:mask: ..

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Windy

Windy First Class Member

Aug 16, 2019
    Shropshire
    Seen the title, think I got the wrong end of the stick:scream:
    upload_2021-2-26_23-45-58.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021