Plug Caps

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tonto, Nov 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tonto

Tonto New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Wales
    Hi
    New to the forums, I have a 2017 Bonneville T120 black, and would like to continue the "black look", with plug caps of the same colour.
    I have looked on various web sites, but have been unable to find any that correspond to my bike, does anyone know if there are any even available?
    I know this sounds petty, but the red caps do stand out on what is more or less a black motorcycle.

2. Tal

Tal Active Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Milton Keynes
    Try black marker pen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    NGK manufacture black ones as do Ariete. They're priced around £4 each and you should find something suitable to fit. The other option would be coating the OEMs with black Plasti-dip.

Just for info the OEM Triumph embossed plug caps cost £50 EACH and certainly worthy of a space down at the Heol-Y-Sarn vaults, not thrown in the trash bin.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tonto

Tonto New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Wales

5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I'm with Tal on this one :)
    I have in the past used a permanent marker pen to colour plug caps on a Bandit 1200 it works a treat :cool:

6. Tonto

Tonto New Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Wales
    Thanks for all the tips, this could be my "winter project" (I tend not to rush things these days), thanks again to everyone.