Platinum Jubilee For Queenie

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Iron, May 22, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    #1 Iron, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    While a lot of you were off donating to some already very rich Australian charity directors' salaries I caught a lift on the Admin Staff's broom to go say goodbye to our Monarch (not looking too well is she?)....well, she said she was going to stay in to see us, and she was...colours flying so she's in.

8.jpg

She hasn't been eating too well lately, which is why there's so many of her swans in the river

1.jpg

A couple on the other side of the Thames (the Eton poshville side) made the mistake of getting their lunch out and were immediately killed off by multiple broken arms.

2.jpg

The local mechanic - who designed the Hawker Hurricaine and the Jump Jet - landed in his garden quite close by to impress the visiting hoi polloi. Show off.

3.jpg

Given how many tourists there were wandering about getting in everybody's way, there's a few handy things built into the pavements so you know how to follow Her Majesty from the local Waitrose back to the castle

4.jpg

Lots of Union flags about (which is nice to see) on the way to the front drive

7.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    #2 Iron, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Then there's a crowd of people milling about waving cameras in a mile long queue. I asked a local Welsh Guards redcoat (it must be their turn) how long to get in.
    "About a hour from here" he whispered "and a robbin' £28.50 each when you get there too..."
    "Fuck me, how bloody much!" says I
    "Yeah, no wonder they're havin' a party" replies the mouth from under the bearskin.
    "Can you let Her Midge know that I can't make it" I ask "Tell her she can leave a message on the dog."
    "No worries Iron" he says (as I'm very well known around Windsor you know)
    So, we wandered off to see some of the great sights of Windsor and watch the low flying Jumbos from Heathrow.

6.jpg

There's Paddy Maginty's diddle diddle dancin with no arms and the Jock's sword skipping with kilts but how can they compare to the rowdy English Morris Men? The Cossacks just run away when they see this. Makes me so proud....with bells on too......:neutral:

5.jpg

Went home and bought some chips.....

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1