Pirelli Diablo Corsa Ii

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Bryf, Jun 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Hi, just wanted to get some views on the state of the rear tyre on my Tuono RR, by the way my other bike is a Speed Twin, so entitled to be on this site :joy::joy::joy: anyway thought I'd look for some wise feedback from you guys on here!
    As you will see from the photos the rear tyre has grooves and small splits where the different compounds join, there is no loss of pressure or anything and bikes still handles beautifully, was wondering if any of you have come across any similar issues?

IMG_0640.JPG IMG_0639.JPG IMG_0636.JPG

2. RSReggie

RSReggie Active Member

Apr 9, 2019
    North West UK
    I have these on my S3RS . They have gone the same as yours, with the clearly visible edge between the compounds.. but no splitting. It did worry me a bit but doesn't seem to be getting worse. If I had splitting like that I would go back to supplier and ask for
    an official opinion as it could potentially be a manufacturing / safety issue.

I don't think I will buy again even though they feel great on the road....

3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Looking at the last picture i'd say you could have a problem with passing an MOT if the cuts are deep enough to see the cords. Check the motorcycle mot manual on line for full details.

4. matt black

matt black New Member

Feb 2, 2019
    halifax
    the corsa 2 is a multi compound tyre and the lines are very visible in normal use. either youve been track riding or giving it big hand fulls on that lovely granite tarmac you have up there. they look like you have some cold tear going on. run these at standard pressures on the road. if they start delaminating replace them other wise crack on. im on my second set. enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ivor

Ivor Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2019
    Southampton UK
    I've had a few sets of Diablo Corser 2's on my BMW S1000rr (de-catted and 198bhp:p) and they've always been great, they always show the line between the two rubber compounds, I ride it like a loon but they've never split like that.

6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Never seen that before and your right to ask questions

7. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    That does look strange. By the wear, it looks like you only go around corners. To me, it looks like the 2 compounds are delaminating. I would get hold of Pirelli UK and send pictures and ask if the tyre has a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bryf

Bryf Guest

#8 Bryf, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
    I am aware they are multi compound, don't do track days, road riding only and always run at recommended pressures which I check at least once a week. To be fair as I have continued to use them and as they have worn down more the small splits have pretty much disappeared, they were obviously pretty shallow, it is still grooved a bit at the compound joins but overall the tyre seems ok but will continue to keep an eye on it. Thanks

• Like Like x 3