Tiger 1050 Pillion Seat Height

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by stevehotshot, Nov 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stevehotshot

stevehotshot Member

Oct 15, 2020
    Chirk
    Tiger Pillion... Hi, been looking at a tiger 1050 2008, (not sport) nice bike, good price, but I am tip toes, both feet.. Not too worried about this as I know it can be lowered, and also it has comfort seat, which could be changed back to standard for slightly better reach to floor... However, the difference in height between riders seat and pillion looks quite a step.. Wife would probably see straight over my head. This I think wouldn't be that bad but she's used to "sheltering behind me". More to the point for me would be the raised centre of gravity, given my lack of planted Ness? Anyone had any pillion issues to confirm or deny my concerns... Thanks..

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I have a 2019 tiger 1050 sport with a 25mm lowering kit and low seat which takes 45mm out of the stock seat height. I do carry a pillion on regular ride outs and whilst they are quite high up it does not seem to be a problem. If you can I would suggest you get a test ride for you and the wife and see how she gets on withe the seat position.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevehotshot

stevehotshot Member

Oct 15, 2020
    Chirk
    Thanks.. Yes, best place to start I guess..