Featured Picking Up My New T120 Tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by DougM, Aug 10, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DougM

DougM Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2021
    North Pole
    I found the last 2020 T120 the nearest dealer to me had left. If was from a group of them they had picked up from Triumph here in Canada. Brand new with zero miles. I liked that in 2020 they came stock with the center stand, heated grips and steel wheels. I live in a cooler climate so the heated grips are something very nice to have. I kind of like the steel wheels too as the roads aren't the best around here. I got them to add the factory cruise control to the bike in the deal. It hasn't come in yet though so they will do the install at the break in service. I also ordered a Mastad windshield for it that I hope ships soon. I will post a couple of pics of it to the picture thread after I get it home and unloaded. The dealership is 450 km or about 280 miles from here.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    DougM
    Great bike good buy. Welcome to the family. Yes do show the steed of to the inmates here as they do love pictures. Calm's them down while nursey is dishing out the meds. And loads of luck and fun filled miles on the steed.
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Trevor Austin

Trevor Austin Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Northumberland
    I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures. I’m sure you’ll love your new toy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. DougM

DougM Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2021
    North Pole
    BTW my wife is even excited about the bike as I told her it was British. She is from Deal, Kent. Lovely area, I've been over a few times with her.

• Like Like x 2
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    DougM
    I think you are just a smoothie. Just don't let her see were they are built these days. But yes still carry the great British name.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. DougM

DougM Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2021
    North Pole
    I couldn't tell her that, it would break her heart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DougM

DougM Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2021
    North Pole
    Here are a couple pics of hauling it home today, over 900 kms or 550 odd miles round trip. I still had time to slip in a quick ride before it got dark.

IMG_8585.JPG

IMG_8588.JPG

IMG_8591.JPG

IMG_8592.JPG

IMG_8594.jpeg

IMG_8596.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  8. DougM

DougM Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2021
    North Pole
    Oh btw I have never felt a clutch this light or owned a bike with such a smooth shifting transmission and I have been riding since the mid 70's. So far I love it. I did find the tires like to follow cracks in the road. Forecast is rain tomorrow but sunny and hot after that. I need some time to get used to the feel of it. My highway touring bike is close to 900 lb.

• Like Like x 3
  9. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Welcome to the forum Doug, lovely bike!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#10 Cyborgbot, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2021
    Welcome!

I think you should have called your account Gru as you have a Minion helping out in your secret lair (garage).

425FBE4E-519F-4D9C-AE60-17C89684C4F4.jpeg

C819B5AD-409E-428F-A8A9-4A0E4593217B.png

Sorry, I’m an idiot. Every family, club and forum has at least one. We have loads.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Don't tell me - Pirelli? I'd get some new rubber on those wheels as soon as you have an excuse to do so (Road 5s would be my choice).

Anyway, lovely bike in a lovely colour. Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    DougM
    Cool Steed stunning pictures thanks for sharing. Do enjoy the bike and keep us posted on your likes and dislikes.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Riggers

Riggers Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Hull
    I've got a factory tour booked in for 6 October this year, and the conformation stuff states that we'll see the two new Hinkley production lines installed to supply the British and European markets! I'll tell you more after we've been.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    My wife and I are interested to do the same like you next year. Please come up with some photos of your Hinkley production tour, if you are allowed to take them there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    looks a beauty mate :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    I have a factory tour booked for this Sunday, 22nd. August. Having been on a tour in the past, I can confirm your suspicions , Photography will NOT be allowed!!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DougM

DougM Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2021
    North Pole
    #17 DougM, Aug 18, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    I was on the highway all day yesterday. Unfortunately my bike threw a code at 500km on Friday. I tracked it down to a P0917 which is gear position sensor high error. Talking to the shop they told me to keep riding it and booked me in for the first service and checked to see if they had one in stock. (they did) So yesterday I loaded the bike in my trailer and hauled it 450 km to the dealer. They did the service and changed out the sensor. When I got back home last night I quickly installed my shield which arrived on Monday. It is the 22" and I think I would have been fine with a 20". I have it set in the lowest position, the mount looks to have about 4" of vertical adjustment as well as the ability to adjust the angle. Today I will take it out for a test ride on the highway and see how it is. By the time I got finished it was starting to get dark out.

Edit: I removed the original pictures and attached a couple I took today out in the sunlight. I had the bike out on the highway with the shield and the protection is really good. I don't start to get any buffeting until I am up around 140 km/hr and even then it is very minor. With it being a quick attach I will do most of my riding without it on and use it only when it gets cold or I plan on going out on the highway for a few hours. It takes no more than 30 seconds to clip in onto the bike.

It looks like the forum will not allow me to remove the original pictures.....

IMG_8641.JPG

IMG_8645.JPG

IMG_8646.JPG

IMG_8638.JPG

IMG_8637.JPG

IMG_8639.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  18. Riggers

Riggers Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Hull
    I will if I can, but I suspect cameras won't be allowed. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congratulations on your new T120, @DougM! I'm glad your wife likes it, too. "Happy wife, happy life". Just ask my hubby. ;):joy: And welcome to the forum! That is a beautiful Bonnie and I love the color combo. But, boy, your dealership is certainly a long haul for you--literallly and figuratively. What a shame you needed a repair right out of the starting gate. Hopefully your bike will run well for you now and you'll get to break it in and really enjoy it. :heart_eyes:

Is that a Street Glide with lowers on it I spied in your garage? I thought perhaps it was an Ultra when I first saw it but it doesn't have the running lights in the front to the sides of the headlight. I'm also a Triumph and Harley-Davidson owner. There are a few of us on this forum! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DougM

DougM Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2021
    North Pole
    You would be correct, it's a 2020 Street Glide. I already have over 32,000 km on it. I bought it in the spring of 20. The Bonneville I just got replaced a Super Tenere I sold last month.

IMG_7987.JPG

• Like Like x 3