Picking Brains......

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Tony666, Aug 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tony666

Tony666 New Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Herefofd
    So I'm about to carry out a bit more work on my 09 Triumph Speedmaster, part of which is swapping out the original indicators (turn signals). I've done a bit of digging, and from what I can gather if I switch to LED I'll need to swap out the stock relay for a CF13GL-02. In addition, I believe I'll need to connect up a couple of resistors at the turn signal Idiot Light. As my current Speedy has the indicators mounted to the Handlebar, can anyone tell me what's involved with relocating them to the lower Triple Tree. I understand I'll need some sort of bracket, but what about the wiring? The indicators I'm thinking of getting are here.

I'm also looking at Fork Gaitors, Rear Peg Eliminators and some titanium exhaust wrap......any comments or recommendations welcome.........:)

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    see Dilligaf in members heading

3. Tony666

Tony666 New Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Herefofd
    Thanks for the reply, some good info there regarding the LED setup.......still keen to hear from anyone regarding the relocation wiring and other mods.......

4. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    #4 v8dve, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Here you go for front brackets. I have these, they are stainless and perfect for what I needed. I think they do rear also.

http://www.pjglassfibre.com/ViewItemvi.php?ItemID=Indicator-Brackets-372

Make sure you put some heatshrink over the cable and thread end to stop any water ingress.

Easy to wire up, just unplug existing and then solder new wires to existing cables.

Like you said change the relay, it just plugs in.

Rockin'

5. Tony666

Tony666 New Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Herefofd
    Cheers for the link, going to strip the bike down and have a good look tomorrow, I see TriumphCustomParts also do a single piece, Thruxton style bracket, not sure if it will fit the Speedmaster though?