Picked Kwacker Up Friday Just Gone

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andypandy, Sep 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Picked my new bike up on Friday, only had time to ride it 3 1/2 miles home then I had to go somewhere. However, got out yesterday afternoon and did 75 miles over Woodhead, Mortimer Rd and the Snake Pass. I stopped to take pictures but since I had a new battery fitted to my phone (they had to pretty much dismantle it), all the pictures are unfocused so I took some today on the drive before I cleaned it.(on a canon camera)

Kwacker 001.JPG Kwacker 002.JPG Kwacker 003.JPG Kwacker 004.JPG Kwacker 006.JPG Kwacker 007.JPG Kwacker 008.JPG

It's great to ride. Comfy, easy to flip around pot holes etc, sounds pretty good, crisp gear selection and I love it. I hit 2 one minute showers and then when I got near home the roads were very wet. Other than that the ride had been dry if a touch cold. I was a bit upset that Kwacker got slightly dirty but she's had a wash this afternoon. One worrying thing was when I got near home and the road was rough and very wet, the back tyre was a bit "skitty". The tyres are not properly scrubbed in yet but I've heard that the oem tyres aint so good in the wet so maybe some PR5's might be in order for next year.
    The only other negative is i'm limited to 4k rpm which is a bind. This baby wants to rev and go.

• Like Like x 29
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Bike looks fantastic @andypandy , I love the colour and look forward to seeing it in the flesh very soon. Enjoy, and take it steady on those new tyres mate :):)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Congratulations! Great looking bike :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Beautiful bike mate, congrats, I got my mind on one for next year, I struggled last year to make a decision between the Z900RS and the Speed Twin finally deciding on the latter but thinking I may change to the Kwak in 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Very nice, I’ve been thinking about getting 900 RS or cafe, keep us posted on how you go.

• Like Like x 2
  6. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Thanks. I also tried a T120. Triumph were offering £500 accessory voucher which I could use as part payment plus a £500 Triumph clothing voucher. The only colour I really liked though was the Bud Ekins red and white which my wife called Buddykins.:D. Once I'd ridden the Z900rs though, that was it, the T120 went out the window unfortunately.:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Nicely understated and purposeful look. Like the green piping. Sweet ride. Enjoy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Brilliant bike and loads of little details that make it beautifully made!

I got rid of my supercorsas from the rs and fitted some road 5's. I then sold the original tyres as they had plenty of time left in 'em.
    Do the same? If yer not happy now, the feeling will only get worse (for the feeling of the tyres) and yer going to be changing them anyway?!
    Best do it when you can get some money back and you aren’t tarnishing the bike handling (and feeling) because of them?

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Fu*^ me, I’m coming up north and retiring, you Northern OAPs don’t know how lucky you are with all us southern suckers subsidising your pensions

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Very very nice :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congrats on your new bike, Andy! She's a beauty. :heart_eyes: Nothing like a new bike to make one feel like a little kid again. Enjoy! :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Very nice Andy bike looks great mate :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    My nephew dumped his Street Scrambler and bought the same bike, the same colour. We did a 1000 mile Cornwall tour and he loved it, fast, sounds great, and comfy. It' so nimble. Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Come now my bestist mate just think about it :worried:

Us Northern OAPs have to spend some cash cos if we don’t the inheritance tax man will have a field day when we pop our clogs :eek:

Keep up the good w*rk my bestist mate ;):grinning:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Very nice bike that mate, hopefully you get some good weather to get out & have some fun.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Lovely. Look forward to seeing it up close sometime. My mate has the same bike in the more traditional green.

Next time you're up on the Woodhead from Glossop and fancy a cup of tea, I'm less than 10 minutes up the road.

• Like Like x 3
  17. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Nice one Andy - is this an additional bike or a replacement? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Nice Bike Andy, a good choice I do like those 900 kwaks

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Congratulations Andy, that looks lovely and has that retro muscle bike look to it. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh on a rideout soon . Enjoy in good health Sir! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Traded the Street Triple in for it so i'm Triumphless at the moment.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1