Featured Pick up my new beast next week....excited..much

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MikeyDaytona, Jul 23, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    Hi guys

After weeks of trying to sell my Daytona privately I have caved in and resorted to the trade in option.. considering other daytona's like mine with similar mileage are selling for around 1700-1900 depending on condition I don't mind the trade in price of £1500...

I went to my local Honda Lings to see what they had so I can do the 'sit test' and see how comfortable I felt on various bikes then stumbled across a gorgeous Street Triple R and after a long test ride today decided I must have it :) the ride position is so much more comfortable than a sports bike and that induction noise when opening it up...wow.

An old school friend works for Honda so has done me a pretty good deal but heading down Monday to sign and seal the deal...until then, here she is... 20160723_110054-min.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Victor

Victor Active Member

Jul 26, 2015
    North Wales
    Very nice. Hope the deal goes well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    I love the induction sound too around 30 mph in 4th gear omg the sound.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    It really is awesome Lee, I wanted to see what all the hype was about so opened the throttle a little too much. On the back wheel. Brown warmth in my pants....

Honda have knocked off £800 plus giving the bike its 12k 'big' service, full MOT, 6 month parts & labour warranty and throwing in some R&G crash bungs fitted. All-in-all I think that's a hard one to refuse

5. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Oct 5, 2013
    suffolk
    John Banks Honda Bury St Edmunds not far from me, best colour IMO love the gold wheels, the pre 2013 is a lot better engine and will wheelie off the throttle the newer model is a bit to tame. Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  6. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    I do love the look of the newer model especially the white with the red panels that have the 'R' embossed but I did fall in love with the black one. How realiable are these engines? I have 0 experience of newer bikes

The wheelie did shit me up it was not intended at all...the worst kind

7. Leegrimo

Leegrimo Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Manchester
    I have a 2013 and it's hard to wheelie the way it's geared.

8. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Oct 5, 2013
    suffolk
    Very reliable I would say, the previous owner might of put a small front sprocket on it for it to wheelie that easy?? Worth checking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    I'll ask the question in the morning when I get to Honda. The previous owner was really anal apparently, cleaned the bike with a toothbrush and wouldnt accept trade in for a speed triple until it was properly detailed...annoying for the guys at Honda but something for me to live up to :)

Need some arrow cans next!!!

10. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    So that's the bike paid for... just waiting now for service, etc to be done he's even sticking a full tank of fuel in it after telling me they're marking my Daytona up at £2500...a thousand more than trade in

I saw a youtube clip of someone losing control in the wet due to the tyres...the STR has Dunlop SportMax tyres..
    Any good???

11. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I run Dunlop Sportmax on my MT01 very happy with them and no problems:)

12. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    Ah that's good news then.. well the plot thickens...2pm this afternoon the phone rings...someone local would like to come and view the bike and after looking over it within 20 minutes he wanted the bike so handed over a couple of hundred more than Honda's trade price and left a happy man :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Grand54

Grand54 Member

Aug 19, 2016
    Chineham
    Hi mate Iam new to the forum and have just bought a black and gold speedy hope your enjoying the bike it looks like a real peach

• Like Like x 1
  14. MikeyDaytona

MikeyDaytona Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Suffolk
    I'm loving it mate already got some arrow slip ons and mapped it with TuneECU...amazing sound although a bit droney at certain revs