Featured Rideout Photos from Billing Bike Night (Northampton)

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Dozers Dad, Aug 18, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Not been here for yonks but decided to pop up last night.
    There was something for everyone. Plus some real blasts from the past for me. The bikes that reminded me of my yoof were in such great condition. It could have easily been the late 70's early 80's all over again!?! :D

Honda 400/4 one of the first bikes I ever managed to blag a pillion ride on

20160817_193925.jpg

Yam FS1E (Fizza) The first bike I ever rode. Two laps around the church car park felt like a lap of Silverstone on a GP Bike after my pushbike :D

20160817_193140.jpg

BEAUTIFUL old Triton

20160817_193016.jpg

The guy made this from scratch & was riding it around the car park. What an awesome bit of kit eh! Even the paint job was top notch.

20160817_194739.jpg

I had the 125 version of this. This one was mint! Mine was a steaming pile of shite! :(

20160817_194032.jpg

I'd never heard of this? Not my cup of tea but rare.

20160817_193812.jpg

I was looking to buy one of these two recently then I spotted my Bandit for sale. I think both are ace factory Streetfighters!

20160817_193357.jpg
    20160817_193912.jpg

My mate has owned this trike for years. It's based on a Kawasaki 600 Eliminator. It's recently clocked up 100,000 miles! :eek: He's a realy big bloke and obviously the trike weighs much more than the standard bike. So I'd say that is proof positive that the Japs know how to build a reliable/durable bike! :)

20160817_194558.jpg

I saw Ades bike there but no sign of Ade?? :p :D

20160817_193845.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

Here's a few more photos from last night....

This is for Wayne. It was damn near mint yet it had just under 20,000 miles on the clock. So it's no garage queen!

20160817_193600.jpg

I guess there was a special offer on crash bars? :) Who the hell named these the "Bullet"? pellet maybe but Bullet?!? :confused: :D

20160817_193433.jpg

Finaly a new style Thruxton... Now this is realy odd so pls bear with me.

A couple of minutes after I took this photo. A gentleman emerged from the crowd. Stripped naked & smeared himself in baby oil. Before proceeding to gyrate all over this Truxton? :eek:
    He could be heard muttering.... "The only way I could possible love you any more is if you were BLUE! Let me take you away from all of this. You can live in my garage with Doris!"

The bikes owner was too scared to drag him off the bike. So the men in white coats were called. As the poor old bugger was having his one size fits all backwards coat put on & he was carried to the back of the happy bus. He was screaming... "You can't do this to me! I'm a well respected TV cameraman! I own a Triumph Thruxton myself honest I do!"

Poor old sod eh! There but for the grace of God go you or I eh lad's? :eek: ;) :D

20160817_193242.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Bikerman

Bikerman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Oh no, looking at some of them bikes makes me feel old. Looks like you had a nice time. That Triton is nice, as is the T120, in fact, come to think about, it they're all nice. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

#4 Dozers Dad, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Those were the days eh Bikerman.

No ABS or traction control settings back then mate! :)

I thought bikes that had discs instead of drums where high tech? :rolleyes: As for traction control, that involved removing the shite Avon Speedmaster (Death Master) tyres & fitting Dunlops! :D :D

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dozers Dad

Subscriber

I'm off here again this coming Weds (21/6/17)
    If it's still as hot as it's been for the last few days?
    I'll be in Asbo. So I can wear shorts & a T-shirt :p

• Like Like x 4
  6. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I used to go there nigh on every year for the Landrover meetings, had some good week ends there, until the bloke from Paddock Motors set himself alight refilling a genny while it was still running from a jerry can!
    Lost interest after that!

7. bulldogbobby

bulldogbobby Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    norfolk
    Nostalgia's not what it used to be though eh?! :)

Wherever we are, most of us (of a similar age.....) seem to have had the same biking graduation. Like many others, I started off with a variety of rat bikes around the local fields before a selection of fizzies, KH's, GT's, RD's and Zeds (still have my '78 Z1R!!)

Happy Days! :):)

• Like Like x 2
  8. In my own world

In my own world Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    1. I owned a Blue 4oofour with the wire wheels and a Yellow Fizzy. Did 45mph downhill with my helmet on tank and legs stretched behind the seat. I must have been a sight. The peddles on the fizzy came in handy when i ran out of petrol a good few times. The SWM in picture 6 was highly rated in Europe. Sadly another bike manufacturer has gone to dust. Only a few years ago though. I have never seen a Suzuki 400 Trials like that.