Photo Files Too Big

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Thruccyboy, Mar 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Afternoon ladies & gentlemen.
    Just recently when I try to post pictures of my bikes either from my phone or my camera I get the "file too big" error message......any ideas you clever people (apart from take smaller file pictures of course|)

2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've been having the same problem recently, I'm guessing the file size for photos now have a smaller maximum size..I have to crop my pictures a fair bit

3. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    I`m trying to upload under 10mb....it just aint having it...

4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I can't remember the size but I know I have had to crop the photo several times before its accepted..got a new camera so I assumed it was something to do with that?

5. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Just cropped one to just over 5Mb....computer says NO:poop:....
    perhaps it`s because it a picture of a non triumph bike LOL

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ive not been having any problems, but usually I make sure my files are small to give those on their phones a chance.
    if I take one on my phone i email it to myself and it asks what size file to send I normally choose medium around 150kb. and then post that image.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You'll have no problems with your picture file sizes if you make them 860 x 600 which equates to a file size of approx 0.1 m/b which is more than adequate for viewing on a pooter screen and phone.

I use a free to download program call Pixresizer and this allows to play around with files sizes to your hearts content.

If everyone who posts pics on these threads the forum would run significantly quicker.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Thanks BL...downloaded & hopefully you should now see my new Z900 rs P1000192 (860 x 573).jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    & another one....I`m on a roll now P1000224 (600 x 400).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    It didnt let me a few days ago, I tried just now and it fine again.

11. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    #11 Thruccyboy, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    This Pixresizer download as recommended by "thebiglad" is the nuts...it`s enabled me to download pictures to the forum easily & without grief & if I can do it then Forest Gump could

• Like Like x 1
  12. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Perfect mate !! The new ride looks really nice.

13. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Really comfy & smoooth TBL....& for a Kawasaki the finish is excellent,mind you the last Kawasaki I had was a ER5

14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I looked at one of these as it really gets my attention, especially as you can ride it to a wedding, , a 4 into 4 would be nice but i suppose its a weight thing, how's the bars? they look wide to me, comfy?

15. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    #15 Thruccyboy, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    I`m guessing someone will bring out a 4 into 4 or 4 into 2 for them. The bars are ok, I was down Rykers cafe Monday (plan was to do loomies too), but traffic was damn awful that day when the M25 was shut 8 to 9...it was bedlam & traffic very heavy. I did some filtering & all was well. The mirrors take some getting used to but nearly all my bikes have low or bar end so it`s me being careful. She is very flickable & comfortable too. The exhaust has a real deep grunt to it & although she`s restricted to 4-5000 revs you can really hear the roar from her. No sign whatsoever of the well reported snatch which is a bonus. All in all crispey a really great bike that everyone Ive met has commented on positively.
    And if you fancy a meet up again at the Ace come summer....I`m your man;);):cool::cool:

16. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

You don't want the 'well reported snatch' ???? Well the rest of would like some please :eek::p;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Utter filth Mr O... Wash your mouth out now.. And me a man of the cloth too... Well ok.. A polishing cloth, but a man of the cloth none the less

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    What the hell were you doing down our way on Monday?? You should have called, I would have met up with you!

19. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    I know you frequent Loomies but it was a last minute decision as my mate had work & we didn't know what time he finished, had the traffic not been a car park we'd of pushed on but alas we didn't... The journey home was long as rubber necking at the scene of the accident caused lengthy delays for car drivers & put us on lane change alert.

20. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I find holding the phone further away reduces the picture size....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1