Speedmaster Phone Mount

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by dilligaf, Feb 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confused: Been looking for a phone mount for NUDGER :)
    Feckin loads to choose from and it’s doing my head in :(
    So was wondering if anyone has any recommendations :)
    Also want to use a charge lead from the bike :confused: ......again any recommendations?

Thought I would try and get all modern :p

NUDGER is a 2018 Speedmaster

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    What?, run out of angle iron at "work" dilli?:cool:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    1DA88619-699D-45DF-A58B-0512849E54BA.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I have a Quadlock case on t’ iPhone, car and handlebar mounts, fing expensive but good and stable

They also sell a phone mount if you want to use own case

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    Ordered you one dilli. Amazon just preparing your dispatch

6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Dont do it.ride free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    These have had telephones mounted in them for years and you could always paint it black :)

upload_2019-2-13_19-11-57.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Dilli - when you adding plasma hd tv and satellite dish?:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

That’ll be something for NUDGER part four :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    20190213_193947.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Will be keeping NUDGER for a good while yet :heart_eyes:
    But....Rocket lll:eek:...it’s like a Feckin irritating itch that eventually will have to be scratched :p

• Like Like x 3
  13. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    He's just slowly increasing weight in readiness for the rocket :cool::cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Burp

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    This may be some useful info...

I splashed out 26 quid for the Triumph Auxiliary Power Socket and discovered that there is a lead under the tank ready to connect it too (the linked instructions gives details). May be useful for wiring things up other that the official kit if you don't want that. Note, it's un-switched (permanently connected to battery) so don't attach anything that'll draw a current when you're not using your bike. That includes USB based chargers and satnav adaptors with a voltage converter which will draw a little current even when nothing attached to them.

Reason I went for the official socket is that it's a clean and simple place to attach different things. e.g.
    1. USB charger for charging things like phones when touring.
    2. I could attach a DIN Hella plug to the power lead my satnav came with, for those times when the battery didn't last when touring. (Saved me having to wire it in specially, which I don't really need for day trips as battery lasts 7 or 8 hours.)
    3. To charge the bike battery. My Optimate came with a couple of leads, one of which I cannibalised and added a hella plug. (The official Optimate DIN lead was 20 quid or something like that.)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    BTW, for anyone wanting to fit one of those, I have a tip... Don't try and lever out the fir tree plugs that are in the pre-drilled mounting holes, the top will just break off - unscrew the plugs instead. It's difficult to get a grip on them but a lot less hassle in the long run. (I spent ages twiddling a drill bit between your fingers to drill out what was still left stuck in the hole, which is difficult to access as it's just under the 'carbs'.)

17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Cheers @brown mouse
    Don’t like the idea of it being un-switched :( as I know from past experience how temperamental these Triumph’s can be when the battery has had any drain on it :(
    My thoughts were to use google maps on my iPhone and keep the phone in a waterproof carrier and keep it charged at the same time :)
    I will be able to find a switched power supply but I’m also now gonna have a look at waterproof sat navs and just keep my phone in my pocket :)

18. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    That's why I went for the plug-it-in-only-if-needed approach :)

I tried that. When I went to pick up my new Speedmaster I went equipped with waterproof case and car satnav, but as it was raining and damp, the inside of the case just misted up making it unreadable. :(

Bike satnav = £££, but I bought one anyway and glad I did. (Though satnavs still have lots of weaknesses and flaws, which you resent even more after forking out that much).

19. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

£££££££s:eek:
    Yeah that’s why I’m looking first at just getting a suitable phone cover/mount and giving google maps a go:)
    I have never used a sat nav on a bike so if I use my phone I don’t want it going flat :(
    Hopefully I’ll figure it out if I don’t get any joy on here :)

20. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Dilli - why not fit solar panels.....o_O:mask:

• Like Like x 1