Phone Charging Cable Routing To Handlebars

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Steev, Oct 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Steev

Steev New Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Bexhill-on-Sea
    Hi chaps,

I have a T100 and if I need a sat nav I use my phone attached to the handlebars. The problem is the battery gets rinsed pretty quick.

The bike has a useful little USB power outlet under the seat but I'm just wondering if anyone routes a charging cable from the under-seat power outlet to the handlebars? And if so, how do you route the cable tidily?

Cheers.

2. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Removing the tank will reveal a plastic cable-way/trunking that can be opened. Tuck it in there and follow routing of other cables out onto the bars. It'll be self explanatory once you get in there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Don't even remove the tank. Can you lift these on a hinge at the back? Presume you can, just lift it and run the cable under the frame tube, that's all I did on my America. Make sure you don't pinch any of the wire when you lower the tank tho'.

:cool:

4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Agree with Ron, don't remove the tank, just undo the two rear bolts and pull back and lift it up slightly. Put a suitable piece of wood underneath at the bolt end and feed your USB cable through, that's how I did mine.
    P1000121 (2).JPG
    If you look carefully you can just see where the white cable emerges to the left of the steering lock and in line with the top of the Triumph badge when not in use.

5. Steev

Steev New Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Bexhill-on-Sea
    Thanks for the replies. It doesn’t look too difficult. I’ll give it a go when I get a chance.

6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Or..........
    Take a neat short route from the headlight bowl. Connect to the brake light circuit and that’s your shortest route and practically hidden too.