People With Funny Names

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Feb 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #1 Havit, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Im sitting in a pub in Ireland with a few of my irish mates . when in walks a bloke and my mates go. Oh jeeeusss look whos just walked in. I said whos that. "Thats johnny Hand grenade" How did he get that name i asked. Oh his from the north and thinks his in the IRA. His as much in the IRA as you are they said. It made my laugh.
    It got me thinking about some of the nick names that people have that they dont know about. I had a biker mate that we used to call persil. Because he used to wear a off white leather bike jacket
    Another mate we call pampers . because his full of shit .

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    When I was at school there was a lad who was kind of cross eyed. But in a different way. When one eye was looking straight and level, the other eye was looking slightly upwards. We called him Isiah. There was another lad who was really tiny, he was called Willy Evergrow.

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    A male work colleague got called Mavis after the Cornation Street character because he was an old sweetie wife

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #4 Havit, Feb 11, 2018
    Two girls that used to hang around with us bikers when we were younger both had. Nicknames that they are still called to this day.. One girl is called Flow
    Her grandad was German .He was shot down during the Blitz and taken POW..He was sent to a farm to work the land and after the war he stayed and married an English girl. His surname was Wolf. So flow. Was Wolf backwards ..
    The other girl is Sucks . . (i kid you not) i see her funny enough last time i was in Essex. She got the name because she always had a lollypop on her mouth. She still answers to sucks.which turns heads when people hear you call her..:p

• Like Like x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Knew a lad in the RAF nicknamed Pramhead :confused:
    When I asked about his name I was told that if you look in a pram it’s full of shit and broken biscuits :joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Just thought of another one . a bloke from when i worked in the docks. Everyone called him Gapper. He was a born lier.
    They named him Gapper because of all the holes in the lies he told.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Another biker mate that comes to mind was Wing nut . Rob had big ears that Stuck out hence the name wing nut.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Living in Wales there' Billy the milk ( milkman) and Wynne Shit ( empties septic tanks). My best mate was Chimp - looked like a monkey and could he climb trees.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Another lad I worked with in the RAF had the nickname Splat!:)
    Now get this....apparently when he was in training in Wales somebody found him masturbating in the toilets just as he got to the vinegar strokes :eek::eek:
    Not in a cubicle but into a urinal FFS:eek:
    W@nk Splat was the full nickname but got shortened to Splat :joy:
    He really wasn’t bothered by it at all and just laughed it off :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    An old pal of mine was known as black ken cos he never washed after work before calling for a pint and also as ‘Teflon’ due to his dodgy welding skills.
    There was another lad in Ponteland knicknamed ‘Some Soldiers’ as that was what his mother said when he asked who his father was

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Two examples from my past....

Pow! A bloke who was always in a tiz and constantly busy being ineffective (Pressure Of Work......!)

Thrush - because he was an irritating.....

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Solicitors in Rushden - "Fairley and Co" nothing special there you might think, but one of the partners was Mr Crook - Mr Nick Crook !!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Some mothers won't have anymore:mask:

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Very good :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Too many to mention really, at boarding school no one was called by their proper name, everyone had a nickname. A couple come to mind at the moment (it was a long time ago!) Friends name was Robert White known throughout his schooling career as 'Chalky'. Another, Jon Mortimer known as 'Monty'. Mark Samways, 'Sambo',

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    So you must have been wally then :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Funnily enough I was ONCE! He never called me that again. 'Whippet' was my nick name due the fact I was the fastest runner in the year. Then changed to just Kenny. Another friend called Lawrence Sharpe, sometimes he was called Truck, other times Blunt

18. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I knew a guy who was of scouse origin and vertical challenged we used to call him Dicky Mint after one of Ken Dodds diddy men.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    I can recall a few, some of which wouldnt be used these days. Coming from a not very ethnically diverse area, one of my friends at school was half Chinese (the only non-white member of our year), imaginatively called "Chink", i reminded my sister she used to call him this last weekend, her now being a 30 year veteran of ultra pc local government employment.
    I also remember myself and a few friends bumping into an old school friend in the pub at around the age of 25, he of the large teeth, "hey Bugsy!".... "its Keith actually".. *walks off*, went the exchange.
    Then there are the ones you meet that you know the nickname but were never party to the origins.. I give you..

Zephyr
    Puffer
    Topper

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    #20 GaryM, Feb 11, 2018
    Years ogo I was best man for my mate Jim. As certain people on here will know I’m the shy retiring type that never says boo to a ghost. The butter wouldn’t melt in my mouth type person ;)
    Anyway ceremonies over and at the top top table , speech done ( thanks to the aid of a drinkypoo or two to calm my nerves )
    Jim’s mother turns to me and says “ dont Bernard and Serena look lovely together?”
    Without thinking I utter the immortal words “ who the feck is Bernard?” To her.
    Think I hid under the table the rest of the evening once I realised what I had said ...........

• Like Like x 1