Pdm60 And Aftermarket Horn

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Espanolito, Jan 31, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Espanolito

Espanolito New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Toronto
    #1 Espanolito, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    Hello all,

Looking at installing a Denali Soundbomb Mini on my 2017 Triumph T120. Will also be installing a PDM60 power distribution hub. The Denali Mini is plug and play, but would rather run it through the PDM60.

Wondering if anyone has done this. I have a few questions.

The PDM60 has a Ground Trigger input and you can assign any of the outputs to be 'triggered' by the ground trigger. So if I'm thinking about this correctly, theoretically I can connect the horn switch wire to the Ground Trigger in on the PDM60 and the assigned output to the horn.

But that's as far as I can get.

On the Haynes manual wiring diagram, the switch and horn connectors are as follows:

SWITCH (1)

1a) v/b (violet / back?) direct to horn
    1b) The other connector on the switch is b (black?) from left hand heated grip. This also runs to right-hand heated grip, instrument scroll switch, mode switch, left-hand front turn signal, right-hand front turn signal, side running light, headlamp bulb, diagnostic connector, oxygen sensors.

HORN (2)

1a) v/b direct from the switch
    2b) the other connector on the horn is b/bl (black blue?) to/from the y (yellow?) on the side/running light. This circuit also connects to ignition switch and brake/tail light.

Two questions:

1) Do I just disconnect the v/b from the horn and run that to the Ground Trigger input at the PDM60 ad run the assigned output of the PDM60 to the connector on the horn in place of the v/b?

2) Do I leave the other wires at the switch and the shorn (b at the horn and b/bl at the horn) as is?

The PDM60 has both an 'always on' source direct from the battery as well as a 'switched source' via a tap from the tail light (or whatever other switched source).

3) Is the b/bl at the horn is taking a switched feed from the y on the side/running light? If so, what do I do with that? The assigned output from the PDM60 is already feeding from a switched source (tailight or whatever).

The PDM60 has a couple variations of this connection, with the 'other' connector of the switch to ground and the 'other' connector of the horn also to ground, as per the attached file. Here is the full PDM60 manual with various connection possibilities:
    http://pdm60.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/PDM60InstallationExamples.pdf

Attached is also a picture of the electrical schematic in the Haynes manual.

I know the Denali Soundbomb Mini is plug and play, but I prefer to install all of the accessories with their own fuse and relay. As the PDM60 perfroms both functions and am planning on installing for other accessories, I'd like to be able to just install the horn through the PDM60.

Any advice, clarification would be greatly appreciated. A simple connection drawing specific to the T120's electrical schematic would be AMAZING.

Thanks!

PDM60 HORN.png

HAYNES ELECTRICAL.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Espanolito

Espanolito New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Toronto
    I think it's as simple as this:

HORN WITH PDM60.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1