Passenger Foot Hangers.??

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Dave C, Apr 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Just wanted to ask if anyone else has changed the passenger foot hangers/pegs on their Speedy for Daytona 675 ones, I thought sure I read somewhere it was possible, the originals look a bit ugly now I've put a lowboy exhaust on mine, if so what year Daytona would fit as ones I've looked at wouldn't, mine Speed Triple is a 2015, thanks in advance for any advice.

2. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    The Daytona (2015) pegs attach to the side of the subframe, where the Speed Triple's are mounted underneath.

This 90ยบ difference would either cause the pegs to stick out sideways or fold underneath (I can't quite visualise it). I'm going to go and check...it's making me laugh and I've got to know now...

3. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Well...the bolt holes are exactly the same and line up, so they WILL fit :cool:

As a passenger, you would need to tuck your knees under your chin to get your feet on the pegs. This would probably dig the rider in the back, so perhaps sit backwards or even cross-legged (the passenger, not the rider).

Other than a slightly awkward sitting position, job's a goodun' :grinning:

IMG_7260.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Hmm, see what you mean, as I said, the Daytona hangers I seen wouldn't work at all, I did have a quick look at a street triple this evening and wondered if they may be the answer.

5. MattP

MattP Active Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Leeds
    I just took mine off, nobody I know seems keen on riding pillion :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1