Parking Ticket

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by billyandmollysdad, Sep 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Has anyone got any experience of disputing parking tickets ?
    Last week we had a drive out in the car to Wells-next-the-sea and we parked in the main car park in the town.
    We paid £4.50 at the ticket machine, stuck the ticket in the windscreen and went for a walk with the dog...
    Then, yesterday morning we received a parking fine in the post saying we hadn't paid for a ticket, and a photo of our car driving into the car park, and driving along the section of road where we parked up...
    There is no picture of the car with no ticket being displayed. A week later though, and we have no proof of paying for the ticket as we no longer have it.
    Is there any way we can dispute this, or are we gonna have to suck up the £100 fine ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I read somewhere that it is not enforceable - they will send 3 threatening letters then stop. If I can find the link - I will post it here. Also if the car park is free for x hours and you run over - go to store in site and get them to cancel fee. I know this works as i was billed £80.00 for going 20 mins over - went into Currys and the manager of the store called the NCP office and the fine was instantly dropped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    If it's run by the council, pay. If it's a cowboy car park company, ignore it. Then ignore all the threatening letters form them and debt collection cowboys. I've had 6 tickets over the years and haven't paid or been taken to court. It all depends if you can take the stress of the begging letters from them.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks mate, it's from a private company, i've appealed it, but i've no intention of paying...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. No mate, it was a private company. I have now appealed against it, i have no intention of paying it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Little update...

My appeal went very well !! we received a letter yesterday saying the ticket had been cancelled and i was to disregard the summons :D
    I emailed them asking them to provide proof our car was parked without a ticket as all they showed us in the pics on the summons was that our car entered the car park.
    I wonder how much money they make from people who immediately cave in and shell out the fine ?
    That's 100 quids worth of petrol money i haven't spent yet :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Don't waste your time appealing to the company. Go straight to the controlling body, POPLA, they will throw it out.

I had a fight with a company because my back tyre was 1" on the line !!! Fought with them for ages, got nowhere, contacted POPLA and the company never even tried to argue their case. Wankers.

Don't ignore, they are enforceable.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    In some car parks you still have to pay (quite rightly IMO) if you are disabled, wonder if that car park was one of those.

• Like Like x 1