Parking -exeter -uk

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Sep 15, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I’ve become to realise there is close to little information on motorcycle city centre parking in the UK

I’m going to visit my daughter in Exeter on the bike for the first time, buggered if I can find out if you can park bikes at Exeter St Davids station car park, the cost, if there is a secure option. I went to Worthing the other day same thing, seems very few councils, parking companies consider motorbikes

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Don't quote me on this as things may very well have changed but I seem to recall from some time ago that Exeter City Council would allow motorcycles to park free as long as they were in a marked motorcycle bay. If you park in an unmarked area or car parking space then you might be liable to a charge.

I can DEFINITELY confirm that deck F of Princesshay 2 car park at

Dix's Field
    Exeter
    EX1 1NN

has free allocated motorcycle parking areas - - but that leaves you with the task of finding the car park. That said, they are signed quite well and it's not very far from the station to the city centre. Doesn't help if you're meeting at the station for other reasons, I guess!

I, personally, would avoid at all costs parking at the St. David's station 'near' car park (directly oppposite the station pedestrain entrance) - it's run by Apcoa .... well known licensed robbers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Not enough consideration generally, that’s for sure.

Parkopedia has a filter for motorcycle parking. I checked Exeter St David’s and it came up with nothing. Whether that’s because there aren’t any spaces or no one has added them to it I’m not sure.

Maybe we should all start updating the app for ourselves and our fellow bikers. Anyone else used it for better or worse?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    thank you sir

5. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Agree,