675 Panniers

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by And Solo, Aug 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. And Solo

And Solo New Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Co. Durham
    Hi all, looking for some advice.
    I’ve picked up some Oxford Sport soft panniers for cheap, the type that just sit over the rear of the seat but I’m concerned about them resting on the exhaust cans. Will this cause problems, ie bursting into flame?
    If so is there a readymade frame available to fit the Triple?
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. And Solo

And Solo New Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Co. Durham
  3. bob1

bob1 Noble Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Somerset
    yes this will cause problems and yes they might catch fire

4. And Solo

And Solo New Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Co. Durham
    Thanks, I’ll make do with waterproof bag and Rok straps this weekend then

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    hi, when i mount my soft bags on my triple, i made up a metal pannier rail, very straightforward, just time consuming as i dont want them on my bike all the time.

easy job if you have some basic tools, 1" flat bar, cut around 250mm, 2 each side, bend and shape them using your 2 side exhaust cover mounting holes as a guide, bend them so they sort of wrap over the plastic and have a gap of around 1"
    then another bit of flat bar from each hanging down part, if you can weld, weld it, if not a m6 nut n bolt

easier if i get a pic, but its do able for not a lot of money

• Like Like x 2
  6. elevensies

elevensies Noble Member

Jun 11, 2019
    lincolnshire
    this is the way i did it, sorry no pics of it on bike as its not fitted and bike is in hibernation for winter but hopefully my shite drawing will help

thumbnail_IMG_1474.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    There's someone on the street triple forum selling this lot ;-

[​IMG]

uhmmmmm ...... th eluggage, that is, not the bike. Soft bags (Hepco Becker) and fitting kit £200 - seems pretty good value to me. He's got a number of other items - including a touring screen - for sale and he's in Bradford so not that far away?

Let me know if you want me to provide more information or make contact for you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. And Solo

And Solo New Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Co. Durham
    Cheers guys, I’ve found a mate who can make me a rack. Probs won’t need it until the spring now lol. Thanks anyway

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1