Thruxton Pannier Recommendations For Ttr???

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Flashp, Jul 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Hi all, I'm looking for some panniers and I had settled on SW Motech's Legend option. However, despite plenty of misleading info and photographs across their site and their distributors, it transpires (and is confirmed by SWM themselves) that the mounting bars foul the Ohlins reservoir.

So, apart from Triumphs own nylon ones (don't want leather) what other options do I have??

Cheers.

2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I’ve got a set of ‘S’ shocks you can bolt on for touring.
    No reservoir

3. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    It occurs to me (without checking the bike) to wonder if you could switch them around so the reservoir is on the other side??

4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I don’t think they’d clear the frame backwards

• Like Like x 1
  5. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I know this is a bit of an old thread but just wondering if you sorted the problem?
    I had the same issue on my Street Twin after fitting TEC shocks with remote reservoir. I've fitted pannier rails (both TEC and Motone work well) and use Kriega saddlebags. I actually only fitted and use the left hand side, which means I only needed the Kriega Solo 14 pannier. The straps fit under the seat so it all looks neat and tidy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Nothing wrong with an update :)
    I didn't actually get back to this, I do plan to get a comfort seat and use some Kriega sub-frame straps I have to put my US-20 bag on the seat in the meantime. SW Motech haven't sorted their advertising or products out yet which is disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Yeah, I liked the Motech system but, like you, discovered their system can't cope with the remote shocks, which is a bit of an oversight on their part. I talked to one of their distributors at the NEC show about this. He said there was a plan in the pipeline but had no idea when it would happen. There didn't seem to be anything else out there which is why I ended up with the pannier rail(s). But together with the Kriega bag it works well.

• Like Like x 1