Paddock Stand ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Colin Morgan, Jun 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Colin Morgan

Colin Morgan Active Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Portishead
    Hi all
    Can anyone recommend a good stand for my Bonnie for general maintenance etc as it doesnt have a centre stand
    Many thanks

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    You could buy a centre stand?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    I was looking at this:
    https://dynamoto.com.au/

But since it’s on the other side of the world, AND quite expensive... I ordered a regular one from Datona.nl for my, to be delivered, speedy. Am looking at omni-directional wheels the replace the regular ones, who knows...

• Like Like x 2
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I use a 1Jac stand that I bought for the Panigale that I had (RIP :worried:)
    Luckily I was able to get an adapter to fit the Daytona so I use it for that now. It’s a brilliant stand, both wheels off the ground, easily manoeuvrable, secure and so easy to use.
    They’re not the cheapest stands but I much prefer it to paddock stands. There’s lots of similar designs from other manufacturers but I went for the 1Jac as I though it seemed the best made, and it’s British :grinning:
    It seems they don’t currently do a fitting for the Bonnies but they’re constantly developing new fitting kits so it’d be worth giving them a ring if you’re interested in one. They often do a discount if you’re willing to help them with the development by letting them measure up your bike. :grinning:

• Like Like x 3
  5. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    I tried one from R&G on my Speed Twin. Their bobbins are good but I couldn't get the stand to lift the bike and I've since found out that it's a common problem.
    I found a review of rear paddock stands by RIDE magazine and they agreed with me so I went for the Oxford Premium rear stand which works very well.

Attached Files: